What is to Come? Part 33

Apollo could barely contain his relief at seeing his daughter at Kailani's side. He sensed her mood change dramatically and felt a sense of peace at seeing her calm and smiling again. The God of the Sun did not understand how his daughter had suddenly ended up finding Poseidon's daughter but he didn't care. As long as they were together he was sure the girl's would be fine.

"You seem rather pleased," Athena said approaching the viewing pool and gazing into it. "I see your daughter has found her way to Kailani." Apollo nodded not hiding his approval. "She's not exactly making way in trying to find the skeptrum for you," Athena commented.

Apollo looked up from the pool to look at his half-sister. "Solana matters far more to me than that Skeptrum," He told her.

Athena was surprised by his words but did not doubt them. As she watched him turn his eyes back toward the sight in the pool her mind began to consider things she had not before. Apollo had not forced his offspring to go looking for the skeptrum. She has even heard the god before her had forbidden the daughter he now watched of even considering trying to obtain it for him. The goddess watched the pleased but concerned look on the god's face. Turning she stepped away from her sibling and began walking in their confined area.

A glance to her left revealed Poseidon and Amphitrite with Hestia. They each looked concerned but hopeful. Seeing her uncle look so vulnerable at times was nearly unnerving. Poseidon was powerful and had pushed to get his way more than once. Yet when it came to Kailani his sole concern was her wellbeing. Even when the girl had been angry and lashed out at him he'd not tried to harm Kailani. There was a time when she knew The God of the Sea had been somewhat ruthless and heartless during his time preparing his offspring to search for the skeptrum. She had not allowed herself to consider a change in her uncle until now.

Athena glanced around and good see many frustrated gods. Many angry and even at times yelling into the viewing pools at their offspring. This was somewhat amusing to The Goddess of Wisdom because their offspring couldn't hear them. While they were gods they were currently powerless to do anything but watch their offspring. She herself was frustrated at times. Watching it was clear that her offspring had not paid nearly as much attention as she had assumed they had. She was very disappointed in Skyler. He'd been one of her most astute sons and yet he seemed to be matching a lot of small clues. Then again he was not Solomon.

Athena had loved Solomon above all of her sons. The tall Sandy blonde haired boy had made his mother proud time and time again. Solomon had been very intellectual at a very young age. Strategy had come to him as if His mother was telling him step by step what to do in his mind. It just appeared to have magically be there. Athena had been sure that he would be the one to find the skeptrum and give her the ultimate power of the gods. Unfortunately others had realized this as well.

Ramiero along with a few others had ambushed her son during a nighttime gathering and killed him. Athena could still remember the site of her son lying face up on a boulder covered in blood. No one had been able to help Solomon. His attackers had been swift and stealthy and the attack had been over as quickly as it started before anyone knew anything. It was hours before anyone even realized he was missing. He was found the next morning. Athena had not known who'd killed her son until recently. After the war had begun and he'd boasted about it to Ciro after they'd joined forces. Now she knew who was responsible and how they'd accomplished their task. Yet there was nothing she could do about it now. If Ramiero won she'd never be able to do anything about it.

Suddenly sad she sat down at a small viewing pool away from everyone else. Her thoughts began to consider what might happen depending on whom obtained the skeptrum and gave the power to one of them. Especially now that they realized their own offspring could give it to anyone they wished; not just their parent. As Athena thought of Raiden she had no doubt that Zeus' son would give him the power. She did not doubt Ramiero giving power to Ares. She had not doubted that Willem would give the power to Hades but Willem was now essentially out of the running Ciro would give the power to his father. There was a time she would say the same of Marius. However now she was not so certain. Then there was Poseidon's daughter that didn't want any part of the challenge.