Chapter 1. Two Lives to Live

New prologue! Hope you like it:)

Prologue

I looked down at my simple white dress, my heart beating fast as my hands clutched the bundle of red roses. The light glared at my through the slits of the door and I closed my eyes. This is not how I imagined my wedding day to be like and that is not the man its supposed to be with.

My stomach was churning and my breath was coming our choppy. I wasn't prepared for this and being me I was sure I would do something to mess up. I took a deep breath trying to calm down and I looked down shyly. "You can do this Melody." I said to myself as I straightened out my dress and walked out.

Chapter 1. Two Lives to Live

Melody groaned out as she walked out of her door. The warm california sun was unforgiving against her skin, making her face feel even more itchy under the layer of makeup she wore.

Melody hated makeup or dressing up for school but she couldnt do anything about it. She was popular at school and even though it seemed like the best thing ever she hated it. She could never be herself because she was afraid she would be judged by society and then be left with no friends. Except one

Alli Walker.

Alli was her best friend since kindergarten and they were inseperable. Even when Alli moved to a whole new neighborhood they kept in touch untill Melody ended up moving to the same neighborhood. When Melody moved in it turned out that Alli was popular and Melody being her best friend, automatically became part of the spotlight. At first she was just there and no one noticed her. When she began to put up an act she was noticed as one of them.

Melody sighed out as she heard a honk followed by the squels of a girl.

"GET YOUR ASS IN THIS CAR MEL ITS THE LAST DAY OF SOPHMORE YEAR!"
yelled Alli.

Melody laughed at her best friends excitement as she slid into the leather seats of Alli's audi. Melody was always envious that Alli didint have to put up an act to be popular, she just naturally fit the criteria. She didint pay too much attention to it though, because Melody loved acting so she thought of school being her playing a part in a movie.

"I dont see why you are so excited since you have to take summer school." said Melody as she turned down the radio that was currently blasting Halsey at 7 AM. Leave it to Alli to have the neighbors groaning and getting there baseball bats ready for the high schoolers on summer vacation.

" Dont be a party pooper Mel. This is going to be the best summer ever! We are going to hook up with a bunch of guys, go to parties everyday and not worry about a thing!" Melody rolled her eyes and looked out the window. She had other plans to get a job and go to a drama course over the summer. She finally didint have to see the people at her school. Melody smiled at the thought. She felt excited that she would finally be free.

~

Lyndon's POV

"3,2,1" I prepared myself for the impact of leather seats against my back before I slid into my car. I felt disgusting as my sweaty shirt stuck to the black, hot seats.

"Last day of hell, you can do this Lyndon you just need to survive today and your free." I was interrupted from my pep talk from my phone buzzing. The name on my phone made me cringe.

"Yeah babe I'm in my way to pick you up." I said to my current 'girlfriend'.

" Hurry up, Lyndon I cant wait to see you!" I closed my eyes in attempt of stopping the headache that was forming from the high pitched baby voice. I sighed and hung up. I pulled into the driveway of the girl, Jess or something (dosent matter because I just calls every girl babe it makes them all squirmy and squely.)

"What the hell" I yelled as I moved to the other side of the seat when the chick swung open my door, jumped on me and attacked me. I pushed her off and sped out of the driveway so I could get to school quickly.

I stepped out of my car and was greeted by a bunch of males and females. I didint know any of them since I never became close with anyone or cared about anoyone except for my best friend. I grunted a greeting to them when I felt something cling to my arm. "Can you carry my boooks for me Lyyddoooonnn?"

I pushed the annoying girl off smirking " sorry babe gonna have to do that yourself because we are done"

"LYNDON WHAT DO YOU MEAN" her squeal echoed over the "ooohs" of the crowd were starting to get really annoying.

"I had my fun now its over, I need something fresh your used up" Before I could react I was pushed to the side as the crying girl ran off. I watched her run away- well run as well as she could in heels the size of a tree, and shrugged.

"Dude, what the hell was that. You broke her." No matter how much Lyndon loved that voice he hated it when it was used to lecture him. He just grunted at his best friend, Connor.

Connor Tesdale was like Lyndons brother. Lyndon went through alot of crap in his life and he was always there for him no matter what. Lyndon always felt as though he owed his life to Connor.

" Your an ass Lyndon"

"I know but bright side is you get to see this ass everyday 24/7 because it the last day!"

"I already see you 24/7 Lyndon even with school" Connor said frowning at Lyndon with a disaproving look on his face. Lyndon laughed as he walked towards his locker just as the bell rang.

"Here you go man" Connor had passed a flyer to him and he read out the large words. "FALL OUT DRAMA ACADEMY IS FINALLY OPENING UP. CALLING ALL TEENS WITH TALENT AND A LOVE FOR THE ARTS." Connor was the only person who knew about my love for acting, I hid it from everyone else because it was a lame thing to be into. "Hell no" I breathed out as I handed the flyer back to Connor.

" Just think about it man I know how much you really want to do this and the academy is far from school so you wont see anyone from here over there." I just shook my head as I closed my locker. There was no way in hell I was going to hang out with a bunch of over achieving, snobby teens over my summer.

" Think about it, im not taking no as an answer....... because I already signed you up." My head snapped up as I narrowed my eyes at Connor. "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT FOR?" I yelled. Even if I loved acting, I was not prepared to lose my summer because of it.

"Sorry dude I had the money for it so I signed you up, just give me a shoutout when you win an oscar." Connor said as he walked away . Leaving me debating wheather to strangle him or not

___________________

WELP first chapter of my first book

I know, it gets better so stick around please! Give me a chance ;)

Im just introducing right now so don't worry the whole book isn't going to be like this.

Comments/Votes and feedback would be greatly appreciated! :)

~ ilavayou2