39. Closure

This is the end guys! I'm really thankful to everyone who's read it this far. Thanks a lot! :) And don't worry. I'm planning on a short epilogue after this one. Hopefully it will be updated later, but we'll see.

BTW, so sorry for the super late update. I had exams I had to study for.
______________________________

"Who's hungry?" My overly enthusiastic brother returned from the door with a pizza in hand. The delicious smell that wafted into the room sent my mouth watering and my stomach grumbling.

"Me!" Joey jumped up from the ground, discarding his controller. The TV now presented a large GAME OVER on the screen, but it was soon forgotten by the heavenly fresh pizza.

Trey grinned as he set the box on the table. Everyone crowded around, eager for a bite. Maggie was eyeing the box, Emma was getting ready to grab a piece and Joey was already reaching forward.

"Now, now," Trey teased, slapping Joey's hand away. "Everyone will get a piece. Why don't you go get cups?"

"Me?" This time he posed a question.

Trey raised an eyebrow. "Who else? You wanna make the ladies work?"

"But she's your sister!" Joey pointed a finger toward me, earning a smack on the head courtesy to moi.

"I always wanted a little brother to boss around. Sisters are too...whiny."

"Hey," I shot him a warning. Maggie and Emma stifled a giggle and I glared at them.

Joey grumbled noisily as he got up to get the cups. When he returned, the box opened. The fresh pizza was ready to be eaten.

Trey distributed each piece on plates and handed them out. I took a bite and felt the cheese melt in my mouth. Yum. Pizza was the best.

There was enough for everyone to have their fill. Trey had to order another one to keep everyone satisfied, but once we were full, we returned to what we were doing. Joey and I continued our game while Maggie painted her clear toenails. Emma was busy texting Liam, nodding half-heartedly at what Maggie said.

After school was finally over, Trey had wanted to see my girl friends. He decided to invite Joey for pizza for the hard week of finals.

He wanted to have a little fun before our dad came. The fact constantly hung in the air like an invisible curtain. Trey did not want to dwell on it. Dad would be coming tomorrow and I definitely wasn't looking forward to it.

"You cheater!" I yelled when Joey nudged me to the side, causing me to lose the control of my car. And I was almost at the finish line.

He snickered. "Better luck next time."

Trey suddenly smacked him on the head. Joey dropped his controller and yelped. I finished the race right before he passed.

"A man shouldn't cheat," Trey simply said when Joey glared at him.

"Like you never cheated," Joey argued. "You always cheat when you play with me!"

That earned him another smack. "I did not. I went easy on you and you still lost."

Maggie and Emma stopped what they were doing to watch the show. I couldn't help but laugh at the boys' arguing.

"Okay, boys," I finally cut in as Joey was about to reply. "That's enough."

Trey grinned and sat on the couch with his legs crossed.

"Joey," I turned back to my childhood friend, "I think it's time for you to go. It's getting late."