24. Happy Holidays

"Alex!" I hissed. "This is supposed to be a date, not April's Fools!"

"Shh!" Alex put his finger to his lips and gestured me to come over.

He crept over to the house and knocked on the door.

I watched from a distance. Greg, another jock from school, opened the door. As soon as he did, Alex smashed snow into his face. There was a yelp and Alex ran off, laughing.

I rolled my eyes. Alex was being so immature. He grabbed my arm and pulled me along when he reached me. Greg was angrily shaking his fists and yelling a string of profanities at us while we ran away.

We got in his car and I was panting like a dog.

"Some date this is!" I said, irritated. "Playing pranks on your school friends is not supposed to be done on a date!"

"Then would you rather go to a hotel and have a hot night out?"

"Ew, no!" I scrunched my nose. "Never."

He grinned. "Alright. Then, why don't we go on our real date?"

He drove off and didn't answer when I asked him what his plans were. All that was on the notebook was it's a secret. ;)

I stayed quiet when I realized that he wouldn't answer my questions.

We arrived at his house. I warily followed him out, not sure what he was up to.

I followed him into the house and into his room.

"Alex, what are we doing here?"

He smiled innocently and said, "movie night."

"That's your brilliant plan? Movie night at your house?"

"My parents aren't coming home today," he said slyly.

"Goodbye, Alex," I turned to leave.

"No," he said. "You're staying. Don't worry. Nothing naughty is going to happen."

"You promise?" I asked.

"I promise."

"Cross your heart."

"Cross my heart," he traced an "x" on his chest and raised his hand as if he was taking an oath. "And hope to die."

"Fine," I crossed my arms. "I'll stay. What are we gonna watch?"

"Let's binge watch The Walking Dead," he suggested.

"No, I don't do horror," I shook my head.

"It's not that bad," he tried to convince me.

"Uh huh."

"Promise. You'll love it."

I didn't know if I should. Trey did recommend it to me, but I never really liked zombie films. Maybe I should give it a go.

"Fine, but only the first season."

****

We ended up watching up to season two. Oh my goodness. The gore. It was worse than Game of Thrones. I couldn't watch it and was constantly under the covers while Alex ate popcorn. How could he eat while watching something like this?

We stopped in the middle of episode four of seasom two and watched Nickelodeon instead. Thank goodness.

"I'm never watching that again," I shuddered. I won't be able to sleep when I think of that.

"It wasn't that bad," Alex said playfully.

"To you, maybe, but to me, that was horrible. There's a reason I hate horror and gore and it's because it makes me feel sick."