30. Dances and Goodbye?

So sorry about the late update. I completely forgot to update it Friday. XD

So here ya go! Enjoy. ;)
____________________________________

Roger somehow found a dress that fit me. After drying off my hair, I put on the dress and left the bathroom. Roger was sitting on his bed. He seemed to restless.

"Roger?" I said.

He immediately got up and turned around. He paused for a moment when he saw me in the dress.

"Let's go," he said. I nodded and followed him out the door.

"I'm going back to the party, Mom!" He called.

"You'd better have a good explanation. Get your date home safe and then we need to talk."

I grit my teeth in embarrassment and rushed to Roger's car. I desperately waited for him to arrive and when he finally unlocked the doors I eagerly hopped in.

I hoped Maggie didn't miss me because if she did, I had a lot of explaining to do.

We drove back to the party in silence, both hesitating to speak. I got the feeling Roger regretted his outburst and I couldn't help but wait for him to say something.

When we arrived at the party, we sat in the car awkwardly, neither of us willing to make the first move. The loud music sounded like drums from the outside and I felt my palms sweating at the though of going back in there.

"You okay?" Roger broke the thick silence. I felt relieved when he spoke since I wasn't one who took the lead in any situations.

"I'm fine," I replied. We sat for a few seconds more when Roger made to open the door.

"Roger," I blurted out desperately. He froze and glanced at me, his eyebrow arcing in question. "I...." Shoot. I completely blanked out. I didn't know what to say. I opened and closed my mouth, trying to form words, but I ended up looking away.

"Thank you," I finally muttered.

I heard him settle on the car and looked up. I regretted it when I saw him smirk.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" He asked sardonically.

I flushed. I was never good at thanking people. It always got so awkward when I tried to form the words.

"Th-thank you," I uttered.

He cupped his hand behind his ear. "Did you say something?"

I glared at him and repeated it louder. This time, my voice hardened.

"Thank you," I said through gritted teeth before getting out of the car. I strode off to the party, but Roger caught up easily. He put his arm around my shoulder, making sure that it would weigh me down.

"You're so heavy," I grunted.

"You're so weak," Roger retorted.

"Shut up before I punch your face."

He gasped sarcastically. "Nicole Peterson was capable of punching? I thought the worst you could do was a very weak slap."

He followed his remark with an exaggerated slow sweep of his arm before slightly touching my shoulder. I glared at him and threw his arm off me.

"I am not that weak."

He chuckled and grabbed my hand before placing it on his arm.

"Alright, then. Be my date for tonight then we can sort everything out later."