36. No Problem

So sorry guys! This was a week overdue. Also, I just wanted to thank you all loyal readers. I really appreciate. :)

Enjoy!
_____________________________________

I was finishing up my physics homework when my phone rang. I sighed when I saw it sitting on my night stand. I was too lazy to get it, so I turned back to the practice test the teacher had given for homework.

I hate math. Physics was a lot of math. I took it because my mom said it was fun, but all I got was a test full of equations about how far the shadow would be if a basketball was under the light in a certain angle. Joy.

I wasn't even sure if my answers were correct. The questions were so confusing and--

A happy tune interrupted my thoughts. I sighed. I guessed I needed a break from all those numbers.

I went over and picked up my phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Nicole," came Alex's voice.

"Alex? What's up?"

"So...I was just wondering...do you want to come see the game today? It's the last game of this year, and I need all the support I can get."

I perked up. Watching a football game was ten times better than doing my homework.

"Sure! I'll be there. Should I take Joey?"

I heard a laugh. "Yeah. I was just about to call him, but I guess you could go get him for me."

I smiled. "No problem, Al. We'll be right there."

"Hurry. The game's about to start."

He hung up before I could reply. I grinned excitedly and stuffed my phone in a small handbag Maggie had gotten for me.

Maggie. I should take her with me. Emma was probably already there since she was a cheerleader.

I called her and she agreed to meet me there.

After making sure I locked the doors, I rode my bike over to Joey's house. Surprisingly, he was awake and watching TV.

"Nicole?" He said when he noticed me.

"Come on, Joe!" I said, grabbing his hand and leading him up to his room. "Get dressed. We're going to the game today."

"Hold up, Nick!" He shouted as I pulled him into the room. "Game? What game?"

I opened his closet and dug through his clothes. It was still as messy as ever.

"The football game, obviously," I answered as I tossed a loose shirt at him. "Now get out of those pj's and get dressed."

"Nick," his voice muffled when I through a pair of pants in his face. He peeled it off and looked at me.

"What?" I said impatiently.

"You don't even like sports. Why are you making such a big deal about going to the game today?"

"Alex invited me," I answered. Joey tensed and I quickly assured him. "It's the last game of the year, Joe. He said he needs all the support he can get. Maggie's meeting me there."

He relaxed and sat on his bed. "Oh. Right."

"Now hurry up. I'll wait outside."

He nodded and smiled. I went to the doorway.

"Hey, Nick?" Joey called. I glanced back at him.

"Yeah?"

He hesitated. "Uh...about the uh..."