32. Emma's Valentine

Super early update. I won't be on Wattpad for at least the next two weeks, so here's an early update for you! :D

Enjoy!
_____________________________________

"Shh," I hissed and Maggie stifled a giggle. It had been two days since Emma came back and we were busy setting up the party for her.

"She's going to love this!" Maggie whispered, a little too loudly if you ask me.

"Well, it's not going to be much of a surprise if you keep making noise like that!"

"Shh! She's coming!"

Footsteps echoed beyond the closed door and I felt my heart beat with anticipation.

Ooh, I hope Emma likes it, I thought. What if she thinks it was insensitive? What if she doesn't enjoy it? What if she--

"Hello?" Emma's voice rang out into the room. "Nicole? Maggie? Why the heck are the lights turned off?"

Her heels clicked as she made her way to the switch. I held my breath and, as soon as the lights turned on, I jumped up.

"Surprise!" Maggie and I yelled.

Emma squealed in shock and whirled around. I gawked at the sight. She was absolutely beautiful. Her hair was tied into a bun, a silver tiara holding it in place. Her elegant strapless dress shimmered in the dazzling light, hugging her waist before flowing like a waterfall down to her legs.

Her red shoes matched well with her dress and she wore a diamond bracelet as well as matching earrings. Maggie and I had sent them to her so she would wear it before coming here. I honestly didn't think she would, but, not only did she wear it, but she also looked gorgeous.

I knew the dress would suit her perfectly, but I didn't think she would look this good. It was like I was watching a celebrity go down the red carpet.

"Um," Emma nervously said. "What are you guys doing? Why'd you tell me to wear this dress?"

I cleared my throat and smiled. "You look beautiful."

Emma smiled. "You too. Did....did you guys do this for me?"

Maggie grinned widely. "Yep. And we got another surprise."

She and I exchanged a look and stepped aside, revealing a table behind us. It was covered in a soft satin cloth, intricate designs lacing at the edge. Two chairs were placed in opposite sides and a candlestick was placed in the middle.

"Mademoiselle," Emma whirled around to be met with her date. I smiled when Liam gave her a tight hug. He wore a white suit and a red bow, which he constantly tugged at as if it was suffocating him.

"Liam?" Emma said. "What--"

"You missed the Valentine's banquet," Liam said. "I'm just here to make sure you went. I know how much you wanted to go."

Emma had tears in her eyes. She whirled around to look at us.

"You guys...." she trailed off.

"Do, uh, do you like it?" I asked.

"Like it? I love it!"

Maggie squealed in delight and pumped her fist in the air.

"Alright!" She yelled. "Let's get this party started!"

"Hold up a minute there, Mag," I interrupted. "Okay. I know this is supposed to be a Valentine's banquet for Emma, but don't you think it's a little....empty? Like it's missing something."