10. Clumsy, nerdy, five-year-old artist

Sunday. My so-called date, Eric still hadn't texted me. I got my phone and constantly waited for any unknown number. Nothing. No messages telling me where I was supposed to go to meet Eric.

My bet was that he got hung up on another girl. She was probably some really pretty girl who captured his attention. Normally, I wouldn't mind since I would be glad that he wasn't intent on winning the game, but if I wanted Sam off the game, I had to go through with it.

My mom was still sleeping. She had pulled an all-nighter and slept early this morning. I let her have her sleep. Working in a company that opened restaurants all over the world couldn't be easy. She had to finish a presentation about a new recipe or something like that.

I sighed. If I had Eric's number, I would call him just to make sure whether he was coming or not.

I sprawled over the couch and played with my phone. I had nothing to do. Joey had plans with some other girl--Shannon, I think. No doubt where that was going. And my two friends decided to leave me alone on Sunday after I told them about my plans.

"Ow!" I cried when my phone dropped on my face. Stupid phone. It fell right on my face and onto the ground. Luckily, the furry carpet provided a safe landing.

I cursed and picked up my phone. It wasn't cracked or anything, but my forehead throbbed. Stupid phone. Stupid date. I hate this.

I sat on the couch and turned on the television. News. Not interested. I decided to get on Netflix when I heard a knock on the door. I put the remote on the table and walked over to the door. I opened it.

"Eric?" I said. "What are you doing here? I thought you were supposed to text me."

"I thought I'd pick you up," he said coolly.

I looked at him, dumbfounded. No witty comment crossed my mind. I huffed and stepped aside.

"Come in. I still need to get ready."

"You should have gotten ready before...."

"It didn't know you were going to come. I thought you cancelled our plans!"

I ignored the look he gave me and went up to my room. I put on a simple dress. Yes, a dress. I hated them, but for the sake of this date, I decided to try one on.

I went downstairs and saw Eric leaning on the couch. He had his arms crossed over his chest and he looked like he didn't have a care in the world.

"Eric?" I called.

"Come on," his voice was husky and and I couldn't help but swoon over how hot it sounded. He led me to the door. I followed him to his car and got in.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"On a date."

"Yeah, I know, but where?"

"I don't know," he admitted.

"But you were supposed to make plans!" I reminded him.

"Yeah," he said sheepishly. "I forgot. I only remembered about it when I found your crumpled number in my back pocket."

He rubbed the back of his neck. I stared at him for a moment then burst out laughing.

He looked at me, confused. "What are you laughing at?"

I couldn't stop. The fact that the laid back, cool bad boy had no idea where to go for a date was hilarious. Don't ask me why, but it was.

I tried to smother my laughter, but I ended up choking. Talk about awkward.