Chapter thirty-four

This chapter may touch a sensitive subject.. just a little warning.

One year later..

"You got to move it move it, she got to move it move it, we got to move it move it, YOU GOT TO! MOVE IT!" Maya encouraged me by singing with her own change of lyrics.

I opened my eyes and saw her doing a weird dance, "why are you so energetic?" I mumbled tiredly.

She chuckled, "first day of college for little miss you, now up you go, to the bathroom." She held my shoulders and held me up.

I groaned, "I've slept late last night, can't I sleep for another half an hour?" I begged. She let go of my shoulders and I laid back, sighing.

She placed her hands on her hips, "do you want to be late for your first day? First day of college is important Saph, it's your first impression for your professors, and that's very important."

"Fine, I'm up." I grunted and got up, trudging my way to the bathroom.

One hour later and I was good to go, Maya unlocked her car and we drove to college.

I felt funny, I wanted to pee from the nervousness, "Maya how're the people there? Are they nice or rude?"

She stayed silent for awhile, and then, "how the hell should I know?!"

I shrugged, throwing my hands up, "I don't know?! The same people in highschool are gonna be there, and I don't wanna see their faces, coz they'll remind me of highschool." I spoke honestly.

She narrowed her eyes, trying to understand me, "what the-" She inhaled, "Sapphire Jones, all I can say is that you'll survive, no one cares about the other, everyone minds their own business." She said calmly.

I bit my lip, "Yeah but-"

She sent a side glare, "what? What did you say? I couldn't hear you, did you say something?"

I quickly shook my head, taking a deep breath.

"Don't be nervous, you're gonna be just fine." She continued to reassure me.

Still nervous..

After parking the car, I immediately texted Kristen.

"I'm gonna wait for Kristen." I informed Maya.

She nodded, "okay, I'm gonna go then, good luck." She gave me two thumps up.

I waited for almost five minutes when I saw her walking from a far.

I smiled nervously, "Wassap." I greeted her with a hug.

"Yo dude, a hot guy parked his car next to me and he was like freshmen? And I was like yeah so? And he just smiled! He was so hot by the way." She finished.