chapter thirty-one

Week two_ ( Sunday )

I woke up by the sound of the door opening, the nurse greeted me with a smile, "good morning."

I smiled tiredly, "morning."

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

I closed my eyes, "headache." And that one word has been stuck on my mind from the moment I woke up the first day, it felt as if someone was slamming my head with a hammer filled with needles. Tiny pointy needles.

When my cousins came, all I wanted to do was beg them to leave, but I couldn't bring myself to do so, they were probably worried, and I couldn't tell them to go away, just so I can sleep.

When I saw Nathan coming out one of the ER rooms, I felt a huge relief that he was okay, tho I would cause him pain later for scaring the crap out of me.

The next day followed, and my relatives from my dad's side visited, Maya still visited and stayed for an hour before they kicked them out. The doctor said my injuries were nothing serious, and the massive headache was understandable.

The nurse injected some liquid on my elbow pit, "What's that?" I asked.

"Pain killer, it'll help you lessen the headache." He explained.

I nodded understandingly.

After he was done with Nathan, who was soundly asleep, he left. I stayed quiet for a few moments, thinking about the accident.

Well, that was somethin..

I was petrified when it happened, I cried so hard, that it could be mistaken by a scream, people would say that I've gone mental because of it, but I cried historically because that was the first time I have ever experienced a car accident, facing death. . . and Nathan's forehead was bleeding.

Cue my fear for blood.

I thought he was going to die, I thought I was going to die.

My life flashed before my eyes, and I couldn't help but think about it, about my loved ones, the people I care about, my family, friends, haters. . .Elliot.

He was my last thought, I don't know whether I should be happy that I still think about him, or that I should cry...

'Why cry?' The voice echoed.

He's definitely something in my life.. I just couldn't decide how much he is to me.

Thinking about him when I'm close to death surely means something, but do I want it to be something.

'After everything he's done, you still want a chance with him?' The question haunted. 'Pethitic.'

I sighed, closing my eyes for a moment, the painkiller was having its effect, easing the headache.

Reopening my eyes, I searched for the remote, only to find it in the middle of the room, on a coffee table.

I pursed my lips, challenge excepted.

I slowly pulled off the covert and sled down from the bed, face grimacing, toes curling from the cold tiles.

I took slow steps, cursing every now and then, muscles aching from the poor exercises I've been doing.

Just going to the bathroom, then back to bed.. what an exercise!

Grabbing the remote, I let out a chuckled breath, "I can do this."

I looked at my bed with a longing look, then shrugged and took the sofa beside me. Or maybe not.

I opened the TV, and checked some few channels.