Chapter thirty

Week one_ ( Thursday )

Maya's POV

I forgot how to control my body, it felt numb as the news finally made its way to my brain.

"What's your relations to Ms Jones?" She asked.

"I'm her cousin, what's wrong? What happened?!" I can feel the panic rising up.

A tear slipped as I ran to aunt Layla, telling her the trategic news.

"She's in the Center Hospital along with her brother, they went through a car accident and was immediately rushed to the ER."

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

The whole family was waiting for the doctor to get out and update us, but it's been an hour now.

God, please save them, they've done nothing wrong to be in this situation, they deserve to live. I prayed silently.

A nurse came out, uncle Jacob, Saph's dad, got up immediately and asked her, "how are they?"

"We don't know sir, the doctor hasn't reported us yet, just relax and wait until the doctor comes."

Uncle Jacob glared at her, "and when will he come?"

"Soon." Then she left.

He sighed and sat next to aunt Layla, he pulled her into a hug as she continued to sob, Emma was sitting next to her with a worried look.

I stood up and started to pace, I couldn't sit any longer, everyone was worried sick, and the damn doctor never bothered to send someone to inform us about them.

Fifteen minutes passed, and the doc finally showed up.

Everyone stood up and walked towards her.

"Doctor please tell me my kids are okay." Aunt Layla begged.

The doctor smiled, "they're okay, don't worry." With that, aunt Layla let out a loud relieved sigh.

"Can we see them?" Gemma asked.

"After we put them in a room, yes you can see them." She nodded, "alright, Mr and Mrs Jones, please come to my office, so I can inform you about their conditions. As for you guys," she pointed at us, "You can wait until they are put into their room."

We nodded, the doctor left with Saph's parents while we waited for the nurse to get out of the ER.

Two nurses came out, pushing Nathan's and Sapphire's bed, all of us surrounded them looking at them with a smile.

"Hey." We said altogether, waving at them slowly.

Nathan and Saph looked at each other, and stifled a laugh.

"You okay buddy?" Peter asked Nathan, he nodded in return with a smile.

"We're just going to put them in a room." The nurse informed us.

They entered a room. 262. Then moments later, they came out, "You can see them now." Then they left.

We rushed in, and immediately surrounded them, hugs were shared, laughter and jokes, then we all settled down.

"Okay okay, ya'll be quiet!" Peter said, "Nathan's gonna explain what happened." Then he sat down.

Nathan rolled his eyes, then cleared his voice, "well, um.. a car was driving fast towards us, and I panicked, I didn't know what to do so I froze," he shrugged, "the doc said that it was a good thing that I did that, otherwise the car would've hit my side, and it would've caused serious damage, but thankfully the car bumped the hood and we just swayed most of the time."