Chapter one

The book cover is by PurpleCatCritters who took the time to create these book covers for me💖💖💖 Thank you so much, love. I truly appreciate it 💕 Check her out whenever you have the chance, guys!

~~~~~

Sapphire's family gather with her mom's side every Thursday in her grandpa's house, so she's very close with them.

Elliot's father (Max), their neighbor, and Sapphire's grandfather (David) were very close buddies. Sometimes, Sapphire and some of her cousins would go to his house and play with his three sons and two daughters.

That was six years ago.... something happened, and the whole family has cut them off______

After six years__Week one (Thursday)

I got out of my dad's car, holding my hand bag and phone properly, so it wouldn't fall.

I walked towards my grandpa's house, but before I get close, I turned to my left, staring at his door, hoping I'd see him. Come on, come on.

"Why did you stop?" My dad asked.

I shrugged, "No reason, just trying to see if I forgot something." An idea came in mind. "Dad can you give the keys? I actually did forget something?" I said hoping he won't ask anything and just give me the keys. I forgot doing something I regret for the rest of my life. I immediately shook the thought away.

"What did you forget?" He asked.

"My phone." I said trying my best to hide my phone without him noticing. That didn't work.

"I can see your phone you know." He raised his eyebrow questionly.

I sighed defeatedly, "Fine, it's actually my charger, I brought it."

"I brought mine too, We have the same phones, you can use mine."

"Dad! Just give me the keys." I said slightly annoyed.

He smirked liking the thought of me getting annoyed by him. He took out his keys from his front pocket, and gave me. "Don't stay out here for too long." He warned me, giving me a serious look. Not this again.

I turned to my right then left, seeing no one is in sight, I stared at my dad confused, "what are you afraid of? Dad this neighborhood is like the safest one, and beside I'm just taking my charger and then I'll come inside. Don't worry, just go, so they can serve dinner, you know how they are." I finished with a playful smiling.

He sighed, "Fine. see ya." He walked towards the front door, I waited for him to enter. I heard a door opens, I turned to his house. Please be him.

I saw Joshua getting out, his older brother, he hasn't changed much, probably more muscular, strong jaw, that's puberty for ya, but same dark brown hair.

He pulls out a cigarette and a lighter, he then puts it in between his lips, and inhales deeply. I shook my head in disappointment. He has changed so much.

From the innocent boy, who gets crazy happy when he hears the word ice cream and pokemon, to this boy who plays with girls and smokes. I didn't expect much from all of them, but I never thought they would turn like this after what happened.