Chapter twenty-eight

Week twenty-four ( Wednesday )

Maya entered my room with a huge smile, "hey you!"

I got up from bed and went to give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek, "Wassap."

We both sat on the bed, I looked at Maya and saw her lips turn into a smirk, hmm, this isn't going to be good.

"So?" She asked expectedly, I gave her a confused look, "what happened? Everything good between you two? You didn't call and I didn't ask you anything, coz I didn't want to ruin "the moment" for you. But moment is over. Tell me!"

I sighed, "I couldn't tell him."

Her eyes widened, "what?"

"I coward at the last minute, I mean I did ask him about her and his reaction... well, he was calm, so I didn't know what to get from it, but I couldn't tell him that I doubted him and all."

She raised an eyebrow, "for real?" I nodded, she sighed, " well, I'm disappointed Saph, I actually thought you were gonna confront him- in your own way, but I didn't think you were going to turn back."

My shoulders slumped, "I don't know Maya. I know I'm a coward, but I don't know what I'm cowering from."

"You don't wanna lose him." She stated, "but what you did was wrong." 

I nodded, "I know," then frowned, "I still have a chance don't I?"

She gave me a small smile, "yes, it's never too late."

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

On the same day, Rose texted Maya; telling her that both Sapphire and her should come. ASAP.

We rang the bell, and Uncle Max opened the door for us, We greeted him amd walked inside their house, and went directly towards Rose's room.

"What's wrong?" Maya asked, both of us had a worried look on our faces.

Rose was crying on her bed, she looked at us when we entered her room, she sat, "g-guys, I-I have something I want to tell you." Her voice was deep, holding back her sob.

We quickly sat on her bed, looking at her with wide eyes, waiting for her to talk.

"I have a messed up family." She continued sobbing, Maya hugged her, and I placed my hand on her shoulder.

"Shhh, it's okay, let it all out honey." Maya cooed.

Moments past, and Rose calmed down a bit, "I don't know what to do anymore, I tried ignoring the fact that my family is ruined, I tried acting normal, but it's- it's just impossible." A few tears fell, she wiped her cheeks, "I act normal around you guys, I smile and everything, but I'm so sad inside. Our mom was- was the light of the family, you know?"

Rose continued expressing her feelings, telling us about her family problems. We listen carefully, then tried to calm her down, "Rose," Maya called her softly, "honey not all families are perfect, every family has their own problem. You think my family is perfect?" Rose looked at her with teary eyes.

"But your family isn't wrecked." Rose tried to protest.

I shook my head, "Maybe it's not completely wrecked, or torn- but it ain't perfect Rose, we have family issues too."

Maya continued, "not all are perfect. Actually no one's perfect, we all have our flaws."

Rose sighed, "but your family isn't wrecked," she repeated, "I barely see my dad or my brothers, except for Adam, he's the only one who wasn't effected badly about mom's death like Joshua and Elliot were."