Chapter twenty-seven

Week twenty-four_ ( Sunday )

I need to talk to him.

I have tried to convince myself yesturday to call him and talk to him about the mysterious girl, but I've been procrastinating the whole day!

I didn't know what was holding me back. Fear? Of the chances it could be true and end up heartbroken. Or embarrassment, maybe it was all in my head, maybe it's because of the voice, making me doubt.

What if it was true? It asked.

I would break up with him obviously, I don't wanna stick around with a cheater, but It would be hard nevertheless.

I need to talk to him. Now.

I thanked god a thousand times that Emma was staying at her friend's house, so I won't be bothered by her existence.

I dialed his number and pressed call before I could think twice.

Shit shit shit-

"Hey." His voiced snapped me out of my panic mode.

But I panicked even more.

I hung up.

"C'mon Saph, you can do this." I internally groaned at the lie, I can't do this, I'm too much of a wuss.

My phone rang, Panic! At the Disco played my favorite song Nine in the afternoon, I started singing the song and ignored the fact that it was a call. From him.

The second time it rang, I had no choice but to answer, but I felt ridiculous, for some reason.

"Hello?" I greeted quietly.

"Hey, you called." He stated.

"Did I?" I asked innocently, "by accident, sorry." I chuckled nervously.

"How can you call by accident?" He asked teasingly, "were you staring at my name, and you accidently pressed the call button?"

Insert internal groan, "I just got up from my nap, I wasn't thinking straight, I don't know what came in my mind."

"Stop lying Saph, you suck at it, now tell me why did you call? And hung up on me?! Bitch." He muttered the last word.

I laughed but slowly started to get nervous as the tension in the room became serious, "um, I wanna talk to you about this thing."

"Mhmm."

"Well, um-" C'mon! "Have your cousins visited you this week?" I asked.

"What? No. Why?" He asked confusedly.

"Oh well, who was that girl that I heard the other day when you called? Was it a friend or somethin?" I asked nonchalantly.

"No," his voice was oddly stiff, he stayed silent for a second before responding, "it was one of Mary's friend's daughter."

Oh.

I didn't know what to say, should I believe him? Am I supposed to believe this? It's either that, or question him further more and make myself look suspicious.

"Oh so how's your day?" I asked casually.

"It was Okay. Hey listen, I'm kinda busy right now, can I call you later?"

"Sure, bye."

What now?

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-