Chapter 36: Sometimes

(Sometimes is by Britney Spears)

Harry’s POV:

                “Ok, I get it I’m a dork,” I watched as the boys continued to make fun of our conversation.

                “I could swear we were at the taping of a chick flick, until I realized we were staring at your ugly mug and not Ryan Reynolds’,” Liam continued the hazing.

                “When did you turn into such a sap?” It was hard to understand what was coming out of Zayn’s mouth since he was having a hard time getting it out over his laughter.

                “Since I met her,” I knew I deserved it, but at the same time I was clearly upset and it would be nice for them to help me get back on my feet.

                “Uh, you’re making me sick,” Niall grabbed his stomach and bent over so I couldn’t see that his attempt at acting was horribly ruined by his laughter.

                “Make fun all you want, but I’m not ashamed of it. What I said was true, and that’s me. Erin taught me that it’s ok to open up and if you can’t handle it then screw you guys.” I didn’t mean for it to get heated, but the most amazing girl I ever met just walked out of the hotel and my life, and all they were doing was making fun of my feelings for her.

                “Harry, we’re only kidding.” Louis was trying to calm me down. “We haven’t seen you all summer and just needed to catch up on the brotherly love.”

                “Sorry,” I took a minute to breath and gather my thoughts. “She made me realize something else. Doing this thing by myself was selfish. I should have asked you guys to join, or better yet turned it down from the beginning. I’m not any better than you guys, and I never realized that this might make it look like I thought I was. I’m nothing without you boys and I never want anything to come between us.”

                “You’re not getting rid of us that easy,” Zayn rested a comforting hand on my shoulder.

                “We all make mistakes,” Liam added in as they all smiled.

                “Besides since we had nothing major to do this summer we got to go through loads of footage, and we’re happy you saved us the embarrassment,” Niall clearly thought he was much funnier than any of us did.

                “Thanks for understanding,” I knew I still probably had to prove myself, but they cared about me enough to not let any petty stuff get in the way of our friendship.

                “One thing I don’t understand,” Liam piped in. “We didn’t get that far into the summer footage, but it was pretty clear to see that you were falling hard for that girl you were working with.”

                Louis piped in with a cough and under his breath grumbled, “Called it.”

                I ignored him, “Erin,” I corrected.

                “Yeah, Erin… sorry. It seemed like she was developing a thing for you too. I’ve never seen you shy when you really wanted something. Did you make it clear that you love her, or did you just pretend she didn’t mean anything to you?”

                “You think I would love someone and pretend they didn’t mean shit to me?” I was past insulted by Liam.

                “I don’t know, there were cameras following your every step. Maybe you didn’t want to make that a thing.” His point would be valid if we were talking about any other girl, but we weren’t, we were talking about Erin.