Chapter 16: Freak The Freak Out

(Freak The Freak Out is by The Victorious Cast)

Allen’s POV:

             I woke up to Marg yelling like a maniac in the hallway. “ROBERT, ERIN, GET YOUR CURLY HAIRED SCREW UP SELVES OUT HERE!”

              I rolled out of my bed, kind of thudding to the floor. I pulled myself to my feet and got to the doorway in time to witness the culprits making their way out. Rob shook his hair as he combed his fingers through it. He looked like a lost puppy as he looked to Marg terrified. Erin came stumbling out a few minutes later with sopping wet hair. She had thrown on a pair of shorts and zipped her hoddie all the way up. She had her hands covered with her sleeves as she tried to rub the sleep out of her eyes. “For god’s sake Greta! What is so dang important that I couldn’t finish my shower?”

                I loved Erin in the morning. She could bullshit the slyest of people, but not in the morning. In the morning it came tumbling out of the mouth first and was processed second.  “We OVERBOOKED,” Marg yelled not sure who it was directed at as she scanned between Rob and Erin.

                “News flash, I haven’t worked the desk in a week. You can’t just assume it was our fault.” She was clearly at the point in the summer where she was not having any more of it.

                “Um, actually,” Rob started just as slow and low as ever. Even in an emergency he talked like he was trying to build suspense. He probably did it since everything he said was about as interesting as reading a dictionary. “I was working the desk yesterday and… Well I was kind of distracted by Louis being here. It could have been me.”

                I could see Erin’s heart drop. “Sorry Miss. Gats,” she said defeated.

                “Sorry is about as useful as sunscreen in a movie theater at this point Erin. How could you let this happen?” She questioned with her hands planted firmly on her hips.

                  “I’m not even training him anymore,” she defended.

                  “You’re not?” she seemed confused. Erin seemed just as jumbled.

                   “No I’m not,” she clarified.

                   “You were supposed to watch him the rest of the summer,” Greta clarified shocked.

                    “I thought I was done training him,” Erin was completely lost.

                    “You were done training him, but not done watching him.”

             “We have different jobs, how am I supposed to watch him? When will he start having responsibility for his own actions?” Erin was trying to rationalize the situation.

                “I have no clue when he will be ready. You should be able to determine that. If he is not ready by now that is on you. You are obviously a horrible trainer. Get him into line.”

                “Sorry, I will keep an eye on him until he is ‘ready.’” She actually put the air quotes around ready.

                Greta was not having any of it. “That does not solve this issue. This could be the end of us,” Greta over dramatized throwing her hands in the air for effect.

                “I’ll figure something out,” she said shaking her head to clear it.

                “You had better figure something out. This is strike two and if you get one more. Then, then, then… You and peeping Tom can walk to your parking spaces together,” She glared at me as she stomped to the elevator.