Chapter 31: The Pocket

(The Pocket is by Andy Grammer)

Harry's POV:

            I was about to knock on her door but I stopped myself. It was hitting me for the first time that this was my second and possibly my last chance to make her care for me the way I cared for her. If that happened then she'd forgive me for lying. She'd have to, I hoped. I paced back and forth then palmed my forehead. I only got her a bouquet of flowers. I should have offered to pay for her outfit, and I could have gotten her a necklace or something. Anybody can get a girl flowers.

            "Bobert what are you doing," I heard Erin's voice question from the other side of the door. Then I heard a click and the door opened to reveal her confused face.

            She caught me, "I was just getting pumped for tonight, you know," I threw some Rocky punches like I was working out.

            "I'm sure," she said skeptically.

            "What about you. Were you just sitting there watching me? That's creepy," I accused knowing I had caught her too.

            "Guess what, that's what a peephole is for. If you don't like it you need to get out of the hotel," she pointed to the exit, almost sounding believable. Then she got distracted by my hand, "Awe, are those for me?" She began walking out to get a better look.

            "Wait, no, no, no," I stopped her. "Let me do this right. Go back inside so I can take you out like a real man."

            She smiled, "No. It's too late we're past that. Who are you trying to impress?" Then she took the flowers from my hand and pressed her nose in gently to smell them. I would have taken them back, but I was distracted. She looked so beautiful at that moment. Her outfit wasn't too revealing, she had a blouse and a skirt that went down to her knees. It didn't matter to me though. I was lost in those big green eyes looking back at me.

            "I'm trying to impress you. This is our first date, and I want you to remember that it was perfect," I explained once I gained my focus back.

            "Well, this is a good start," she held up the flowers. "I thought you'd try to overdo it again with the gifts, like last time. I was starting to feel weird about accepting them. Like I could be sold for the right offer, or something, but flowers are nice. I can handle flowers."

            "What's your favorite kind by the way? I never got to ask beforehand," I bought her a bouquet with a random assortment.

            "I like flowers that smell good," she explained shyly, but truthfully.

            "That narrows it down," I teased. She looked into my eyes with a huge smile, and pressed them to her nose again.

            "Well it's true," she explained and headed back inside as I followed. She rummaged around a container where she kept all of her dishes. Then she pulled out a water bottle and unscrewed the top. She started filling it up with water.

            "Are you going to..." I started right before she unraveled the bouquet and stuck it in the bottle. "You are."

            She shrugged. "Sorry I don't keep a vase in my back pocket," she explained. "And it doesn't look that bad. Plus, I want to keep them for a while," she touched one affectionately.

            "No, it's cute, but it does kind of look like you've left your dishes out so long that they've started growing plants," I teased.