Chapter 8: Crash Your Party

(Crash Your Party is by Karmin)

Harry's POV:

                “So the cameras are leaving in a few days,” she asked looking straight into the big lens the second she walked out of her room.

                “Yup the big scary camera men will be gone by the end of the week,” I chose my words carefully not wanting to lie any more than I had to.

                “Good,” she sounded relived. I smiled feeling somewhat guilty, realizing that she didn’t know we would still be filming. I had no choice they told me that I was never allowed to talk about it.

                “I can’t believe your leaving me with Allen. He wants me dead,” I tried to make her feel guilty for abandoning me so early in our training.

                “I promised my Mom. She’s trying to get over the fact that I’m not living next door this year. She thinks I am going to completely isolate myself from her all summer. She needs this day together. Plus it’s really hard to get Greta to give us both off at the same time so I can’t reschedule.” I still dreaded the day ahead. “This is a good opportunity for you anyway. Allen is going to teach you the jobs Greta only allows the boys to do,” she smiled at me like you do to a child to try and trick them into thinking they’re excited for something.

                “You owe me,” I said as I saw Allen walk out of the room, clearly just rolling out of bed.

                “I owe you nothing. If anyone owes anyone anything, you owe me. I make this job so much fun, you could be trained by some depressed screw-up,” she said proudly.

                “Like Allen,” I said quietly. She opened her mouth like she was shocked but when she brought her jaw back together she smiled, causing me to grin as well. Allen was still at his door waiting for our conversation to finish. She went over to him. He raised his arms over his head and let out a big yawn along with a groan. Erin poked him in the stomach multiple times saying something to him. She appeared to be giving him a warning.

                She hugged him and said goodbye. Then Allen made his way over to me. “You two have fun today,” she yelled back.

                “Oh we will,” Allen whispered with a sinister smile.

                “Try not to miss me too much. Bye Robert,” she said right before walking into the elevator. It wasn’t a hug, but I was happy she made a point to say goodbye.

                “Are you looking forward to a day of man’s work? Greta doesn’t usually let girls participate in these tasks, but I guess she is making an exception for you since your special,” he said crunching his noes together and smiling, shaking his head from side to side. I just kept my mouth shut. I’m sure my face personified my disgust. “Well let’s get you out of that dress and into an appropriate outfit shall we Ronda?”

                “Robert,” I said with clinched teeth. Even though he wasn’t insulting Harry I was still angry. I just followed behind him preparing myself for what was sure to be a magnificent day. We rode down in silence. The tension was palpable.

                I buttoned up the heavy green jacket. It buttoned all the way up my neck. Then I slipped on the matching pants. I cringed looking from my blue hair to the green in the jacket. This was by far my least favorite outfit.

                “You like the pants,” Allen asked smiling.

                “Not particularly. This is a very warm uniform,” I said trying to loosen its grip on my neck.