Chapter 27: Your Heart Is A Muscle

(Your Heart Is A Muscle is by Carly Rae Jepsen)

Harry’s POV:

                “Robert,” Petunia yelled running over to tackle me with a hug. Man did she wear a lot of perfume. I nearly fainted by the time she finally let go.  She kissed my cheek like she had claim over it, and even though she was justified it still felt wrong.

                “Get a room you two,” Patricia added, making it sound like we’d been dating for years.

                “What can I say, we can’t help ourselves. We’re young and in love,” she brushed her hand across my chest. 

                “We’re not in love,” I clarified as nicely as I could muster.

                “It’s only a matter of time,” Petunia corrected optimistically.

                “Mmm,” I shook my head reacting without thinking.

                “Uh, you’re boring me. Let’s go already. Where’s your car,” Patricia asked.

                “My car?”

                “Don’t worry, we’ll pay you for the gas money,” she explained.

                “No it’s not that. It’s just, my car is a piece of shit, and I thought we’d be using something a little nicer.”

                “Stop talking, your voice puts me to sleep it’s so slow. Get to the point,” Patricia shouted, proving she truly was Ms. Gats’ daughter.

                “Patricia MANNERS. He doesn’t know what he sounds like to other people. Plus he’s a very sensitive boy,” Petunia defended then tried to sooth me by starting to rub my back.

                I dipped my shoulder and spun her hand off of me. “I am not, but let’s just go to the car,” I said annoyed.

                “Finally,” Patricia added. I turned around and headed to my car, trying to end the insults.

                “See what I mean, sensitive,” I heard Petunia say to Patricia behind me, but I decided to just ignore them. They were a lost cause.

                They followed quietly for a while but we weren’t even halfway there when Patricia started complaining. “How far away did you park? I can’t handle all of this walking.”

                “I didn’t choose to park this far away. It’s an employee spot, and mine is in the ramp. You can thank you mom for that, and your high heals for making it hard to walk.”

                “That’s it. We’re waiting here, and you’re pulling the car up to us,” I turned around surprised as she poked me in the chest. “You should have offered to pull up to the hotel from the beginning, but clearly you don’t know what you’re doing.”

                “Are you serious,” I questioned.

                “Completely,” she crossed her arms.

                “I’ll go with you Robert,” Petunia offered.

                “No, no, I got this, you should stay. Just stay.” I started walking away before she could respond, and I was able to make my way up to the car in peace and quiet. When I finally got the car started I noticed that the radio was still set to Erin’s country station. I was about to change it, but I could hear her voice nagging me to give it a chance. I didn’t hear what it was called but the lyrics were about a girl who keeps calling a guy whose answering machine changes each time she calls except for the last line, which is “And P.S.  If this is Austin I still love you.” I was so memorized by the lyrics that I wasn’t really paying much attention when I pulled up to them. Petunia slid into the front seat the second I stopped, but Patricia just stared angrily. I didn’t care because the song had just gotten to the part where the guy was calling the girl back, and I wanted to hear how it was going to end.