Chapter 28: I'm Too Sexy

(I'm Too Sexy is by Right Said Fred)

Harry's POV:

            I was disappointed to find a note from Erin telling where to go and what I needed to bring up to the pool for our Aqua Zumba classes today. I thought yesterday went pretty well, but I guess I set my expectations way too high if I actually thought she would start waiting for me again just like that. I should just be happy that I got her to talk to me at all.

            After I folded an endless supply of white towels that I took out of the dryers, I loaded them on the cart Erin set up for me. Then I headed upstairs to find the pool. I'd never been in there before, because my makeup would cause problems, but I wasn't going to get wet. I was the towel boy. It was pretty much my job to stay dry, and to get the ladies everything else they needed.

            I walked in to Erin leading the exercises for a bunch of older women who were already in the pool. She was playing Elvis music, which I thought was really considerate since all the employees had to bring their own CDs. They all seemed to be having a good time as some of them looked over to me, distracted by my presence.

            "Oh would you look at that hair Edith" one of them commented loudly to her friend.

            Everyone stopped and looked over to me, making Erin have to stop too. "Wow, that's a colorful boy," she added like I wasn't in the room, and all the ladies started chatting and laughing with each other.

            Erin giggled at their behavior. Then looked over to me with a smile and shrugged. "Erin aren't you going to introduce us to this exotic young man," another asked.

            I looked at Erin with wide eyes not expecting a response like that from them, but she just held back her laughter. Great, now she was going to think I was purposely enticing older woman. "Ladies, let me introduce you to Robert. You're towel and water, and whatever else you need boy."

            "Is Robert of age," a new one questioned, which I hopped was a joke. The others along with Erin started cracking up, so I guess that was a good sign.

            "Yeah Betty, he's of age," she played along. And the ladies started laughing even louder.

            "Betty you floozy, you're married. Leave him for us widows. Hi, Robert." An even more assertive women waved at me. I looked over to Erin who seemed to be waiting for me to pick one.

            Oh what the hell? "Sorry ladies, although you're all gorgeous. Everyone here is way out of my league. I could never compete," I joked humbly.

            "Oh, aren't you a little schmoozer," the first woman to talk accused. "You better watch out for this one Erin."

            She looked over to me and rolled her eyes, "l'm good."

            I heard a collective "Ooo," from the pool. "What's that about," Betty pried.

            "Can we get back to Zumba? You all came hear to workout. Not gossip."

            "I'm pretty sure we all came here to gossip. Raise your hand if you came to gossip," Betty suggested. They all did instantly, which made me laugh.

            "Very funny. How do you expect me to do my job if none of you want to workout?"

            "Oh, we'll work out," Edith explained.

            "If he teaches us," Betty smiled pointing to me.

            "Uh, he's never taught before. Have you ever even done Zumba before?" Erin asked nervously.