Chapter 4: Who's That Boy

(Who's That Boy is by Demi Lovato and DEV)

Erin's POV:

            “I parked your car in your space Erin,” Dill said as he tossed me my keys.

            “Thanks,” I said terrifyingly, looking at the parking lot full of cars and then to my spot in the back corner.

            “At least you aren’t in the ramp,” I heard Allen say as he jumped on my back.

            “You earned your spot. What were you thinking taping Patricia and Petunia together,” I asked shaking him off of my shoulders.

            “They kept singing that stupid cat song from Lady and The Tramp, I give people what they want. The Gats, where dreams come true,” he said waving his hands dramatically over his head. “Besides you were laughing harder than anyone,” he added punching my shoulder.

            “I didn’t say it wasn’t hilarious, what I was saying is it was a pretty stupid idea,” I suggested smiling as I remembered the look on Greta’s face as her daughters tried to pull apart the duct tape.

            “You make one mistake when you’re 7 years old and then you’re doomed to the ramp for eternity,” he grumbled.

            I looked at him quizzically, “Are you going to walk me all the way to my car?”

            “Your mama would not be very happy if I let you wander around in the dark alone. It is a cold hard world out here sweetie. Plus I have to walk up to my room anyway, so I figured I might as well help you with your luggage. That way I can save you a trip.”

            “So thoughtful,” I praised as I squeezed one of his cheeks.

            “Aw, you’re making me blush,” Allen joked as he turned his head away. “How’s your first day back going,” he asked as I popped the trunk and threw my backpack on. We both grabbed a couple things of luggage so the car was now empty and I locked it up.

            “Do you know how difficult it is to run all around this giant hotel and get every single employee’s signature? I do, it’s really F-ing hard. I wouldn’t even mind, but I was getting ready for someone to come who is just going to make my summer miserable,” I complained as we started making our way back.

            “Marg just makes you do the hard jobs because she knows you can handle them. Don’t get too down about it. This kid could be ok, you never know,” Allen tried to comfort me.

            “That’s a great attitude, but I think we both know that is not going to happen. He is inheriting a fortune, he’s not going to be down to earth,” I continued feeling sorry for myself.

            “He could be a famous person, be thankful for that.”

            “Trust me I am, It’s just been a long day,” I said realizing how dramatic I was being as I walked through the revolving doors.

            “That’s my optimistic gal pal, I know and love,” he said pinching my cheeks like I did to him earlier. I just rolled my eyes and pushed the elevator button. When it opened all of the guests that were occupying the elevator piled out.

           Allen rushed in and he and Jason started their handshake. “JayBird,” Allen shouted as they chest bumped.

            “People would swear you two hadn’t talked in weeks. Such a cute couple,” I teased staring at them.