Chapter 7: Stupid Girls

(Stupid Girls is by P!nk)

Harry's POV (The Next Day):

            The other day went pretty well after we finished cleaning Patricia and Petunia’s rooms. Although I don’t doubt I will have nightmares about what we found in the mess, we were able to clean for the rest of the day. We finished the whole list and even did some extra rooms, which seemed to amaze Erin. She did a lot of the work because she could do it faster, but I was at least able to practice each task she taught me. She was patient with me, so I didn’t mind that I would be working with her again today.

            I went down to the locker rooms with the camera guy where Erin would be waiting to tell me where I was working today. She handed me a white button-up, black pants, and a black bow tie. She was already dressed in her outfit. She had a black tie, a white blouse, and black pants. I just looked at her curiously.    

            “We’re in the kitchen today,” she answered.

            “Good,” I said happily taking the clothes and then picked a changing room.

            “Anything wrong with this outfit,” she yelled from outside.

            “No, I actually quite like this one,” I said walking out.

            “Funny, Allen prefers the polo,” she said analyzing me.  

            I shrugged knowing she was trying to separate herself from my “kind”. I don’t know why though. I thought the other day went well, but for some reason she was colder today. “What do you prefer,” I asked even though I knew the answer.

            “The polo,” she answered quickly as we walked to the elevator.

            “You don’t like to dress up every once a while,” I asked trying to bring out the girl from yesterday.

            “I like to dress up,” she corrected, "but only when it’s for me. Not for other people.”

            I took my position next to her and nodded kind of understanding, but I always got some kind of a choice in what I wore. Even in my past jobs I only had to wear something over my outfit. I guess yesterday was the first time I was ever forced into any clothes.  We rode upstairs in silence for a while because I couldn’t think of anything to say.

            She looked at me not saying anything then suddenly sparked up, “Do you know your guys did everything they could to get me to bad talk you on camera last night? I didn’t, but I can’t promise they won’t edit it to make it sound like I was. I just want to apologize in advance for that.”

            I just smiled not sure if something they said caused her behavior before, but I was just happy that the girl from yesterday was back. “I would expect nothing less from my guys. Thanks… though I probably don’t deserve any kind words that you said.”

            “No, you did a good job. A lot better than I was expecting.”

            I wanted to ask her why she was upset, but I refrained myself as the elevator bell went off and the doors opened to the main floor. I followed her to the kitchen and she introduced me to the people I would need to know. She explained I would be responsible for four different jobs: waiter, cleaning crew, dish room, and cook’s assistant. She started me out as a waiter. The cameraman wasn’t allowed to follow me, because it would disturb the guests. We were allowed to use hidden cameras and ask the guest to sign a waiver if they wanted to be in the show. Most of them liked the idea, but not all of them. I was glad because that meant less annoyed faces for me and more blurred ones.