Chapter 18: Anything Could Happen

(Anything Could Happen is by Ellie Goulding)

Harry's POV:

            We decided to eat some of Erin’s left over Chinese food for dinner. I didn’t feel like going anywhere after my hectic day of running around, so we just stayed in. Spending time with her was so easy and natural, even though this was one of the only times we’ve talked outside of work.

            As we started scrapping our plates clean I noticed she was analyzing me. “Why are you looking at me like that? Am I eating funny?” I questioned jokingly with a smirk.

            “You eat like a turtle, but no, that’s not why I’m staring at you.” I wanted to challenge that, but she didn’t give me enough time to interrupt. “I was just thinking about what I want to do with you.”

            I couldn’t resist, “In what kind of way?”

            “Shut up, not like that. I’m just trying to think of something I’ve always wanted to do with Allen, but he thinks he’s too manly for.”

            “Are you insulting me,” I questioned dramatically.

            “No,” she tried to cover up her phrasing, “I just think you’re man enough to know that most girl things aren’t just for girls. If guys would just give them a chance,” she became slightly frustrated at the end.

            I squinted not completely convinced that I should trust her, “Okay, I’m interested. What do you want to do?”

            She got up and started looking around the room grazing items, clearly still trying to come up with a plan. Then she stopped at something looked back to analyze me, and focused on the item again. She picked something up and hid it behind her back and came over to the table. “I’ve got it,” she said excited. “Let’s watch a cheesy movie.”

            “And by cheesy, you mean a chick flick?”

            “There’s no such thing as a chick flick. Movies are movies, you shouldn’t call them names.”

            “So that’s a yes, but what movie is it?”

            “Popstar,” she said with a huge smile as she whipped the DVD into view from behind her back. I cringed, “Before you say no, let me explain. First, it’s got Aaron Carter in it and he’s a terrible actor. Second, it’s the greatest love story of all time. Third, it’s freaking hilarious.”

            “Aaron Carter. The guy you liked when you were younger?” She nodded. “Then we are definitely watching it,” I informed her.

            “Yes,” she said clinching her fist in victory. Then she ran over to load the DVD before I could change my mind. I followed her to the T.V. and dragged a chair in front of it. Our hotel rooms didn’t come with couches, and I wasn’t sure if I was welcome on her bed. She turned off all the lights then hopped on the bed, lying with her head at the foot of the bed right next to my chair. She smiled deviously at me as she pushed the play button on the remote.

            One of the first images to flash across the screen was a sign that said, “marry me” and a crowd of fans cheering the character’s name. It looked like a smaller version of a One Direction concert. I didn't realize what this movie was going to be about. If only she knew how ironic this was. The next character was a nerdy girl with braces, and I mean big braces. It started out kind of like the fanfics I read about myself. The girl knew everything about this guy, had his posters all over the walls, but she felt that her own life was boring. After her point of view it flashed back to Aaron Carter’s story (aka. J.D. McQueen). We both cracked up after he answered his mom’s worries about his terrible grades in an awful squeaky voice, “So what? I’m a popstar.”