Chapter 13: Aaron's Party (Come Get It)

(Aaron's Party is by Aaron Carter)  

Erin's POV:

            Robert was finally allowed to go off on his own today, which was a relief. I didn’t mind hanging out with him, and it was really nice after the first week when all of the cameras left, but yesterday at the spa I realized how much I needed a break from him. I just wanted some alone time to brush off the fact he could be so captivated by my worst enemy.   

            “House keeping,” I said loudly knocking on a guest’s door. No one answered, so according to the protocol I had to ask two more times. According to my own protocol I always asked the second and third time in funny accents. I know I probably shouldn’t because every once and a while someone answers, and I look like a fool, but I can’t resist. It keeps things interesting. I repeated it in an Elmer Fudd voice. It needed improvement. Next I said it in a Kermit the Frog voice, which was decent. No one answered so I counted to ten, and then opened the door. “Mmm is anybody home,” I asked still in character as I looked around the room. It was all clear, so I dragged my cart in with me. I left the door cracked open a bit so employees would know which room I was in, I only close doors completely while I vacuum.

            We’re not allowed to blast music in the room, but we can use headphones. That’s why I use my old cheap mp3 player. It doesn’t have the best features, but it gets the job done in my case. I decided to listen to the “now playing” music, which I hadn’t gotten to hear for a while. I left off at the “C” songs. The first song was “Come Away With Me” by Norah Jones. It was a pretty song to start out the day. I yawned as I cleared out the towels from the bathroom. Then I used some Windex to shine the mirror. As I was finishing a pop beat started playing. It was “Come Get it” by Aaron Carter. I hadn’t heard it in a long time, but I remembered it, like almost every single word. I looked around at the empty room, and decided to dance-clean since nobody was watching.

            I started ripping the sheets and blankets off the bed in what I considered to be a graceful move. Then when they were all off I started doing the dance I made up to the song when I was younger. I had some boyband-like moves, just waiting to be brought back from the dead. I was getting really into it, and I even started lip singing the words. I made my final spin around to see Robert staring back at me. My heart dropped, and I froze panicking about how much he already seen.

            “What the hell Robert,” I asked trying to turn the embarrassment on him.

            “Me what the hell…what about you? What are you doing?” he asked nervously at first, but then a smile gradually appeared on his face.

            I pushed my lips together trying to come up with a good explanation, but still went with, “Dance cleaning,” like it was a completely natural activity.

            “Dance cleaning, what’s that,” he asked about to laugh.

            “You know you dance, you clean,” I explained, “It’s a rush.” He nodded like he understood, but was trying to hold back the big smile on his face. “It’s a lot more enjoyable when nobody’s creeping on you. Speaking of creepers why are you here?”

            “Oh that’s right, I was distracted by your, you know, dance cleaning,” he mocked me.  "I came in to ask you how to get a ketchup stain out of the carpet.”

            “Use the carpet cleaner in the white bottle. It’s a little stronger then the other two, and you’re going to need a lot of elbow grease, ketchup is tough. Oh, and I usually spray it with Windex too.”