XL

She took a deep breath of ocean air and held the shawl tighter around herself as she stood there in the balcony, admiring the clear view of the calm see and the starry sky. It really was cold in the U.S.

She smiled to herself.

It's been more than a year since Alyssa and her got divorced.

Sometimes, she still regrets agreeing to that divorce.

Sometimes, she still wonders if they actually made the right decision.

But she knew that they did. 

She knew that she should be thankful that Alyssa asked for a divorce. 

If it weren't for Alyssa, she wouldn't be having this chance to marry the person she loves the most. 

A knock on the door broke through her thoughts and she curiously checked to see who it was.

"Hi, Babe!"

"Alyssa," she said with surprise before it was replaced with irritation. "What are you doing here?"

"Bawal bang dalawin ang asawa ko?" Alyssa frowned.

"I stopped being your wife a year ago... when you asked for divorce," she replied calmly even though Alyssa's presence was making her heart flutter like how it usually did.

"Babe naman, eh! Ikakasal na ulit tayo bukas, ganoon na rin 'yun!" Alyssa used her usual whiny voice again before stepping inside the room and locking it.

"Kahit na. You're still not supposed to be here diba?" she said firmly.

"Babe, bakit ka ganiyan? We haven't had too much time together for the past three months because of the preparations for our wedding pero parang hindi mo naman ako na-miss. Hindi mo na siguro ako mahal," Alyssa pouted while plopping down on the bed.

So dramatic. 

Alyssa kept pouting and she couldn't help herself, she smiled.

"Ang cute mo."

Alyssa frowned at her but did not stop pouting.

"At least you still find me cute even though you don't love me anymore."

She finally gave in and laughed before sitting down beside Alyssa and cupping her face on her hands. Alyssa looked like a fish. A cute one. Really cute one.

"Papakasalan ba kita kung di kita mahal?"

"Eh bakit parang di mo ako na-miss?"

"I missed you. So much, Babe. Pero may I remind you that this was all your idea?" she squinted her eyes at Alyssa.

-

"I want a divorce."

Four words. Four words made her whole world collapse.

Her tears started falling.

"Si Den na ba?" she asked while sobbing.

She wanted to die that moment. 

"Anong meron kay Den?" Ly asked confused. "Pero Babe, wait! Why are you crying?!"

Alyssa knelt in front of her, on her two knees of course, because she was wearing a beautiful dress.

For Den.

"Babe, I'm panicking here! Why are you crying?!" Alyssa asked frantically as she wiped her tears away.

"If...it's not Den, is it because of how busy I've been? Please, Alyssa, babawi ako. I will make time for you. Just don't do this," she begged. "I don't want a divorce. Let's work this out. I love you."