XVII

She's gonna tell her today. She's going to tell Alyssa that she's in love with her. She has been since she was in her third year in Ateneo, Alyssa was in second year.

She was wearing a striped crop top, black shorts, and beach sandals. She checked herself in the mirror for the nth time. She wanted to look her best. Thank God, Alyssa was also late; otherwise, she would have waited for her to finish preparing.

As if on cue, she heard a knock on her door. She was sure it was Alyssa.

She opened the door excitedly.

"Hi, Besh!" Alyssa greeted her.

She kissed Alyssa on the cheek as she invited her in. Alyssa smiled kinda weird at her. 

"Ready, Besh?"

"Yes, Besh, let me just get my things."

Alyssa being as caring and as thoughtful as she was, actually part of the reason why she fell in love with her in the first place, took her things and carried it for her. An Uber driver was already waiting for them to bring them to the airport.

While they were in the car, they just made small talks. She and Alyssa never ran out of things to talk about. Alyssa seemed like she really was in a good mood, she even seemed glowing. It made her look even more beautiful in her eyes and the love she has for Alyssa wanted to overflow.

They kept their heads low and even wore caps and sunglasses as they went through the process in the airport. They were being cautious because they did not want fans to recognize them. This was something private, something for only the two of them.

When they settled themselves in the plane, she took out her phone to take a selfie with Alyssa. As always, Alyssa made a peace sign while she smiled wildly.

"Patingin nga ako niyan, Besh," Alyssa said.

They both looked at the pictures and Alyssa chuckled. 

"Ang cute natin dito, Besh, oh," Alyssa said.

"Yeah," she agreed but her attention was on Alyssa.

She was so close. She could see the outline of her face clearly. She wanted to touch the dimples below her eyes, on her cheeks, and the cleft on her chin. She wanted to kiss her. She couldn't stop thinking of Alyssa's lips since she kissed her yesterday. She really wanted to kiss her again.

"Besh?" Alyssa suddenly turned to her and there were mere inches distance between them. 

It made her heart beat faster and she felt her cheeks reddened so she moved back.

"Okay ka lang, Besh?" Alyssa asked. "Namumula ka."

"A-ah, medyo pagod lang, Besh. I wasn't able to sleep properly because I was so excited."

Alyssa laughed at her. "Para ka pa ring batang excited sa fieldtrip, Besh! Sige na, nap ka muna!"

She rolled her eyes at Alyssa. It wasn't an excuse though. She really was sleepy. And since Alyssa said she should sleep, she did. She laid her head on Alyssa's shoulder and fell into a deep slumber.

She woke up to Alyssa's gentle shaking.

"Besh, we're here na," Alyssa smiled at her.

If Alyssa's smile is the first thing she sees in the morning, she knows her day would already be complete for sure.

She just smiled back. They both took their things and went to the private beach resort where Alyssa got them a reservation.

When they got inside the room, she frowned. The place was gorgeous and the furniture were top of the class but there were two single beds.