XIX

She stopped herself from crying and immediately went to the address Alyssa sent her. It was a hotel nearby.

They were not getting a divorce. Not if she can help it.

God, why was Alyssa such an overthinker? Really? A divorce just because she hugged Vic? If only Alyssa had stayed, Alyssa would know that she chose her. But no, she just had to leave and think of ending their relationship.

She wasted no time and headed to the hotel room Alyssa gave. She knocked forcefully.

A grim looking Alyssa opened the door and that's when she realized just how serious their miscommunication problem was.

"Babe," she said.

"Mika, pasok ka muna," Alyssa replied.

Mika. Shit. Alyssa rarely calls her that anymore. Her name didn't sound good at all. Babe was better. Much better.

She entered but turned to Alyssa immediately.

"Babe, let's talk properly first," she said calmly no matter how scared she was inside.

Alyssa nodded as she led them to the dining table.

She noticed that the table was romantically set. She couldn't help but think sarcastically how considerate it would be of Alyssa to make her feel special before breaking her heart.

"Do you want to eat first? I could have the food taken up."

Alyssa said after making sure she was seated properly.

"No, I want to talk. I want to explain."

Alyssa sat in front of her.

"There's no need to explain. Let's just talk about the divorce."

Her eyes felt hot. But this couldn't be how they end.

"I don't want a divorce."

"I can't give you a divorce."

They both said at the same time and their eyes widened.

She was the first one to recover because Alyssa seemed shocked when she said she doesn't want a divorce.

She stood up, went to Alyssa's side, before grabbing pulling on Alyssa's blouse, and crashing her lips on hers.

Damn this woman for scaring her and making her nervous! 

She kissed Alyssa as vigorously as she could and when Alyssa had her wits, Alyssa responded just as eagerly. Alyssa even pushed until she had her back on the wall and Alyssa's hands were on her waist. 

At this rate, she knew where they were going to end up and she had to to make things clear between her and Alyssa first.

"Babe," she said parting her lips from Alyssa.

But Alyssa just moved on to her neck which was making her feel crazy. Damn it.

"Babe, wait," she tried again.

"Hmmn," Alyssa replied without stopping what she was doing.

With all her strength, she put her hands on Alyssa's shoulders before pushing her lightly away. Then, she trapped Alyssa's face between her hands before kissing her again because Alyssa looked confused and scared.

"Babe, before anything else, will you be my girlfriend?" she whispered against Alyssa's lips.

She felt Alyssa stiffened. Shock also registered in her eyes.

"What?"

"I said please be my girlfriend."

Alyssa's jaw literally dropped and she found it cute that she giggled. It put Alyssa into motion.