X

About a month later, the first threat in their relationship came.

"Babe, Ara told me that she and the girl she liked realized they were just friends," Mika said nervously.

She stood up and took a bottle of water in the fridge. She drank slowly trying to calm herself down.

Damn it.

One of the reasons why she was not completely worried about Ara's intention was because Ara was supposedly dating someone else. But now that that was no longer true, fear crept up on her.

What if Ara wants Mika? What if Ara tries to win Mika's heart?

What if Mika falls for Ara's charm again? What if they decide to turn their "almost" to "finally"? What if Mika leaves her?

"Babe," Mika hugged her from behind.

She closed the fridge's door and sighed.

Mika turned her around so that she was facing Mika. Mika also took the bottle of water and placed it on the kitchen counter before putting her arms around her neck.

"Babe, I told you because I knew you would want to know. It doesn't mean anything though."

She sighed before putting her face at the crook of Mika's neck. She also put her arms around Mika's waist.

"Babe, I'm scared," she admitted.

"Of what?"

"Why do I feel like the reason why Ara and whoever that other girl is, didn't work out is because Ara's in love with you?"

"Babe," Mika whispered sweetly before kissing her temple. "Not likely. And even if that was the case, so what?"

She frowned and looked up at Mika.

"Babe, what if Ara wants to be with you? What if Ara really is in love with you?"

She almost didn't want to find out Mika's answer. She didn't want her heart to break.

"Babe, again, so what? I don't want to be with her and I am not in love with her. I'm already happy because I have you."

She searched Mika's face and eyes for any sign that it might just be a lie to make her feel better.

She found none but she might be wrong.

"I can keep saying it and you can keep looking but you won't find any dishonesty there, Babe."

She opened her eyes wide. She was taken aback.

Mika rolled her eyes.

"Yes, I knew what you were doing. I do that, too, when you tell me you like me and that you don't like Den that way. "

Mika caressed her cleft chin with her right thumb before putting both hands on her cheek.

"And just as I knew you were telling the truth, I hope you don't doubt what you see in my eyes, too."

She took a deep breath.

"Babe, just give me a heads up if you start liking Ara so I can change your mind and fight for you."

Mika suddenly pressed her lips against hers firmly.

"Babe! Grabe! Nakakapanggigil ka talagaa!"

Mika exclaimed as Mika hugged her really tight.

"Good thing or bad thing?" she asked, confused.

"Definitely a good thing, Babe," Mika whispered on her ear that gave her goosebumps.