XXI

She took a deep breath before entering their house in Bulacan. This was it. She was going to come out to her family. And damn, she really was not as confident as she made herself out to be in front of Alyssa.

Her family welcomed her warmly and of course, she brought something for her siblings. Even Alyssa got something for them. Alyssa surely was spoiling her siblings. Tsk.

She was participative in every conversation but she wasn't really able to focus because of how nervous she was. After dinner, that's when she talked to her family. Yes, all of them. The kids were old enough to know and understand. If they will try to understand.

"Ma, Pa," she said, addressing her parents primarily. "I'm bi."

Her whole family gasped and was surprised but they recovered easily.

"And?" her mom prompted.

"And I'm seeing Alyssa."

There was no point in prolonging it. This was the moment of truth and yet, it seemed like forever before any reaction became visible on her family's faces.

The first ones were Miko and Mikole who smiled, Kuya Perry looked entertained, while her parents looked worried.

"Alyssa as in Alyssa Valdez?" her mom asked.

"Opo."

Her father took a deep breath. "Anak, sigurado ka ba sa pinapasok mo? Mahirap makipagrelasyon sa kapwa mo babae, pero mas mahirap sa isang Alyssa Valdez."

She sighed, too. She mostly has an idea of how difficult it's going to be once they told the public about their relationship. And she's willing to face those for Alyssa.

"Mahal ko po si Alyssa. Kakayanin ko po."

"Hayaan na po siguro natin sila, Ma, Pa. Malaki na ang mga iyan. At ako, wala naman akong problema kay Alyssa. Medyo na-surprise lang ako na siya at hindi si Ara," Kuya Perry said before laughing.

She rolled her eyes.

"Mas madali pa nga kung si Ara. Pero kung saan ka masaya, anak," her mom said.

"Basta wag na wag kang magpapaargabyado, Yeye. At dalhin mo dito si Alyssa para mapagsabihan na alagaan ka. Ayoko na masasaktan ka," her dad added.

She hugged both her parents. "Thank you, Pa, Ma."

She then hugged her siblings.

She wiped the tears that were about to fall as she thanked her parents again.

"Thank you po dahil tanggap niyo agad ako. Kami."

"Ye, college ka pa lang alam na ng buong pamilya. Iba talaga kayo ni Ara noon, eh," her brother said.

She just rolled her eyes again and decided to talk to him later about not saying that when Alyssa's around. Alyssa would definitely have a jealous fit for sure.

"Anak, anong sabi ng parents ni Alyssa?"

"Di ko pa po alam, Ma. Ngayon pa lang rin po siya magsasabi."

She hoped everything went well on Alyssa's side. She wouldn't know what to do if Alyssa's parents were against her.

She can't lose Alyssa.

-

She was losing her nerves and sweating really hard. But there's no backing down no, she was already sitting in front of her nanay, tatay, and Kuya Paolo. Thank God, Kian was still in school.

"Ineng?" her nanay called after a few minutes and she still wasn't talking.

"Nay, Tay, I'm... in a relationship now."