XXXIII

She touched Mika's hair gently before kissing the top of her head softly.  Her heart went to Mika's peaceful sleeping face. She was glad that at the very least, Mika has a moment free of worry even if it was just in her sleep. She was sure Mika would feel all the pain again when she wakes up.

She stood up and headed to the balcony for some fresh air as she remembered her moment last night with Mika.

God, she wished everything was as easy as that. She hoped she could just make Mika hers and Alyssa could be Den's but she knew it was wrong. She also knew Mika didn't mean what she said in the way she wanted Mika to mean it.

"Sayang hindi parehas ang pagmamahal natin sa isa't isa," she whispered sadly, not caring if Mika heard it or not.

"I'm sorry, Vic," Mika also whispered sadly.

Mika sat up again and took the ice pack once more.

She also sat up. "Okay lang, Daks," she said with a genuine smile.

She has long accepted her fate. And she was tired of all the drama already. Her heart was already beaten up with all the pain she felt for Mika and the pain she felt for herself knowing that Mika can't love her back.

Mika started applying the ice pack on her lips once more. All the while she was falling in love with how careful Mika was being. Before she fell deeper and deeper, she figured her asshole sense of rumor would make the atmosphere lighter.

"Daks, ako na," she said trying to take the ice pack from Mika.

"Daks, please, let me," Mika replied.

"Kiss mo na lang ako, gagaling agad 'yan," she teased.

But the protest she expected from Mika did not come immediately. In fact, Mika looked at her lips as if actually considering it. She swallowed. Shit. What did she do?

But Mika started shaking her head as if clearing her mind.

"Gago ka, Daks. May tama pa ako," Mika said. "Baka mapagbigyan pa kita, magkasala pa ako kay Alyssa."

She laughed.

Bitterly.

Look at how damn lucky Alyssa truly was. Mika was drunk but she was still loyal as fuck. Not that she was planning on making Mika commit a mistake with her anyway. She was an asshole but she wasn't that kind of asshole.

But like she said, she still was an asshole so when Mika insisted they share the couch and sleep together, she agreed. She wasn't gonna sleep on the floor anyway. And as they slept, she trapped Mika inside her arms. At least, just that once, she pretended Mika was hers to hold.

The gentle vibration of her phone brought her back to the present. It was an unimportant email. But it made her remember why she went to the balcony in the first place.

She dialed Den's number and Den picked up on the third ring.

-

"Hello?" she answered Ara's call hesitantly.

"Den," Ara sounded grim. "Kasama mo ba si Alyssa?"

She shook her head before realizing that Ara couldn't see her. "No, why? What happened?"

Ara started telling her what occured and zhe felt extremely guilty. This was all her fault.

"Crap. I screwed up, didn't I?" she said guiltily.

"Hindi mo kasalanan, Den. Si Alyssa 'yung gago."

"Ara," she warned. She still didn't like anyone badmouthing Alyssa.