XVI

A few days later, she was in trouble again. It was Mika's fault, really, and it was a bad-situation-turned-great-turned-worst kind of thing.

They've finished their practice for the day and since they were only two weeks away from the SEA games, their coaches were working them to the ground. So they were all lying down on the gym's floor unable to move their body. They were that tired.

They ended up doing dares. No truths, just dares and no one was allowed to back down.

She was on her back, Ara was on her left, Kim was on her right. Mika and Den were in the middle of the court with Jho and Bea, a few steps away from them. The rest were here and there.

"Ye, alam ko na ang dare sayo," Kim said beside her.

"Ano?" she heard Mika say.

"Halikan mo sa lips ang taong pinakagusto mo sa team."

She turned her head right and glared at Kim but Kim had her eyes closed with a smile on her face.

"You're welcome, Wafs!" Kim even added.

"Gago ka, Wafs," Ara said but she could hear the smile in her voice.

"Oo nga. Gago ka, Kimtot. Anong klaseng dare 'yan?" Mika protested.

She was glad Mika was reacting against it because worse comes to worst, Mika might just have to kiss Ara. Mika wouldn't kiss her, not in front of anyone else. They had to keep up their appearances. And for the past few months, they've been pushing Ara and Mika together just like her and Den.

"Wag kang makareklamo, Ye. Baka nalilimutan mong ikaw ang nagsimula nito. Kita mong hindi na nga tayo makakilos pero trinash talk mo pa si Bea para mag-thirty push ups. Ito tatayo ka lang at hahalik," Kim insisted.

"Yeah, that's right! Di mo kaya? Wala ka pala, eh!" Bea sneered.

"Fine!" Mika answered.

That's how it started. Mika started it all by daring Bea to do something physically streinuous in their condition because, like she said before, those two were driving each other nuts. And now, she's the one who has to suffer.

She sat up. She saw Mika walking towards them. Does Mika really expect her to just stay there and do nothing while she's gonna kiss someone else?!

She bowed her head and closed her eyes. She was not gonna watch. And tomorrow, she'll spike all her balls towards Ara!

She could hear all their teammates cheering and jeering. They were even chanting, "KaRa! KaRa! KaRa!" She wanted to cover her ears or shout at all of them that KaRa is not a thing! It's MikaSa! MikaSa!

But then she felt someone raised her head and when she opened her eyes, Mika was already leaning in. Mika kissed her on the lips briefly.

Mika. Kissed. Her. In front of everyone!

She swore her heart thumped so loudly she knew everyone in a 10-mile radius could hear it.

Mika gave her a small smile before sitting beside her and leaning her head on her right shoulder.

"Puta, ano 'yun?!" Kim asked suddenly sitting up.

Everyone actually sat up and looked at them with wide eyes. She saw pain in Ara's eyes. She thought pain also flickered in Den's eyes and was easily replaced by anger.

"Ginawa ko na ang dare mo. Sabi mo, ikiss ko ang pinakagusto ko sa team and I happen to like Alyssa a lot," Mika even stuck her tongue out at Kim.

She looked at Mika with her mouth open. How the hell was she doing that? Why did she do that? And how can she stay calm?

"May point nga naman, Kim. Ang sabi mo lang naman ay pinakagusto niya. Halos lagi niyo pinagtutulungan si Yeye at si Aly lang kumakampi sa kaniya. Malamang si Alyssa nga naman 'yun pinakagusto niya ngayon," RAD said.