XXII

She couldn't exactly follow Mika to her PSL training because she also had practice for SVL. She had work after that and also Mika.

But after her afternoon practice, she went to Mika's condo and waited for her but she did not come home. Mika texted her that she was at her family's house. But aside from that, Mika did not text her or talk to her and it was driving her crazy. She couldn't sleep knowing that they were having a fight.

The next day, Mika texted her this:

"I don't even know if you did anything wrong. So this is on me. I'm sorry. Just know that I love you, Babe. I just need time to adjust."

She really was at her wit's end because she couldn't figure out what to say or what to do. Mika was avoiding her.

The next few days were the same. Mika was either staying over at her family's house or at Jessey's. She knew because Mika still texted her that but nothing else. She really wasn't getting enough sleep because of the situation.

She couldn't even go to Mika's trainings or her workplace or grad school because she was keeping in mind her management's rules. But a twitter conversation between Mika and Ara late on the fifth night changed it all.

Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!

She was fuming and jealousy was eating at her as she read the exchange. She couldn't sleep that night at all because she kept thinking of how close just Ara and Mika might have become over the last few days that she wasn't there. Add the fact that Mika has been ignoring her, she was scared to death that Mika just didn't care about her anymore.

Rules be damned. She was gonna get her wife back tomorrow. She wouldn't let Ara have the chance to steal Mika away from her. She wouldn't let Mika get away.

Next day, she skipped her afternoon practice and went to Mika's training. She wore a white tank top, short maong shorts, and a pair of sandals.

As she entered the gym, she felt eyes on her. But she was also looking for someone, and when their eyes met, she saw how irritated Mika was feeling. 

What the hell? They didn't see each other for five days and that's what Mika felt?

They only broke eye contact when she went to Coach Ramil and coach addressed her.

"Oh, Aly, ano ginagawa mo dito?"

"Coach, kakausapin ko lang po sana si-"

"Aly!" Kim cut her off and jogged towards them. "Coach, usap lang po kami ni Aly sandali."

Coach nodded and she and Kim went to a corner.

"Oh," Kim said while giving her a white shirt.

She was about to ask about it when her phone rang. It was Mika.

She immediately answered it. God, her heart was beating fast because this would be the first time she would be hearing Mika's voice again. She missed her so damn much.

"Babe," she whispered.

"Pakibigay kay Kim ang phone," Mika said hotly.

"Babe, please talk-"

"Kay Kim, please."

Mika's tone was scarily serious so she just gave the phone to Kim.

"Ye?" Kim said.

"Seryoso ka ba?"

"Bato ko na lang, okay?"

Kim kept the phone on her ear with one hand, while the other took the shirt away from her.