XXXVI

Once again, she was watching Mika walk away from her.

Her whole body was screaming for her to get out of the car and grab Mika and never let go. But her mind told her that she will only make things worse if she did that.

Mika just doesn't want her anymore.

She wondered if this was what it felt like after being struck by lightning. She felt pain in every action. She felt pain even just as she was breathing.

She didn't know how she managed to leave the parking lot back to Mika's condo in one piece. Her body was moving but her brain was still not processing.

Not until she went inside Mika's unit and saw all that she prepared. She saw the life with Mika she was losing. She fell on her knees and covered her face with her hands. She didn't know how long she wept.

All she knew was that later that day, Kim called her.

"Aly," Kim said with pity on the other line.

"Kim, does she still not want to talk to me?" she cried.

"Oo, Aly, eh. Galit na kasi siya ngayon. Palipasin mo muna," Kim sighed. "Pero pinapasabi niya na wag mo daw sasabihin sa pamilya niya na nag-away kayo."

"I won't," she said.

She would rather not get them involved anyway because if they find out how much she hurt their princess, she was afraid they would take Mika away from her.

"Kim, please tell her that I love her very much," she pleaded. "And that I'll wait for her to come home."

"Sige, Aly," Kim ended the call.

After that call, she decided that she didn't want to waste time on tears. She focused on making something more for Mika for when she comes back. She was not leaving Mika's condo. Mika was bound to come home sooner than later.

She got some sticky notes and spent hours writing down little confessions, and all the memories, all the feelings, and all the reasons why she loves Mika.

"I got drunk in that bar where you picked me up because I was jealous of your ex. I think already felt something for you then."

"I've always thought seeing you first thing in the morning was the perfect way to start my day. Even when what we shared was only physical."

"I have never been so excited to go home until I was finally coming home to you."

"My greatest achievement wasn't being MVP multiple times or winning championships or representing the country. It's making you smile and laugh."

"I want to have a family with you."

Those were some of the things she wrote. It all came from the bottom of her heart. It was the complete truth. She hoped that when Mika reads it, Mika will finally take her back.

Early in the morning the next day, she went to Dangwa again to replace the petals. But Mika did not come home. Not that day. Or the next day. Or the day after that.  She was missing work because she didn't want to miss Mika in case she came back.

She hasn't heard anything from Mika as well or their friends. Kim wasn't giving her much information either. She already talked to Den but she refused Den's help.

But she wasn't giving up nor losing hope. PSL Invitational has already started for a few weeks already so she knew Mika was on practice.

On another desperate attempt, she went to Mika's practice wearing a tank top and maong shorts. It worked once, surely, it would work again. Mika was very possessive of her after all.