XII

"W-what do you mean?" she asked nervously.

Her grip on the steering wheel tightened. She was absolutely sure she was not gonna like this conversation.

"Babe, uwi na muna kaya tayo. Doon na tayo mag-usap ng maayos," Mika said calmly.

She glanced at her. She could see Mika's uneasiness. Maybe she was worried they might get into an accident.

"No, Babe, okay lang. Don't worry, I'll drive safely."

She just really didn't wanna prolong this any longer. 

Mika stayed silent before seemingly finally deciding to tell.

"Babe, kasi..."

-

They were already on their last day in Doha. She was excited as hell to go home. She missed Alyssa already. So much. She wasn't even getting enough sleep during their whole stay because she couldn't keep Alyssa off of her mind.

It wasn't like she and Alyssa were always together at night but they do spend most nights with each other. But they weren't living together, you know. Still, they haven't been far apart since her trip to Cebu months ago. This was totally messing up her rhythm.

Anyway, for their last day in Doha, they were allowed to just have funIt was fun really. But she just wanted to get back to Alyssa already. 

Plus, Vic was kind of making her feel uncomfortable. 

Vic was being too sweet and too caring towards her. Months ago, she would have been giddy about it but not now. Not when she already has Alyssa and she knows how jealous Alyssa can be of Vic. 

It was different. She and Vic have always been sweet and clingy. Well, she was sweet and clingy, and Vic, being her Daks, let her. Vic sometimes returned it and it was something she was fond of. But this time, there was something 'extra' on the way Vic was acting around her. 

And those extras? She already felt those before. She felt those when they were in the middle of their 'almost' which is why it was making her anxious. It couldn't happen again.

Sorry, but this time, there's no more space in her heart for an 'almost'. She already has her 'finally' with Alyssa.

"Daks," Ara called, breaking through her thoughts. 

"Ang ganda dito 'no, Daks?" she said.

They were walking by the seaside at the Corniche. The air was fresh and the view was breathtaking.

Kim and Coach Ramil were walking ahead of them.

"Pero mas maganda ka," she heard Vic whisper.

She pretended not to hear though. It didn't sound like Vic's usual playful quip.

"Daks, pagod na ako. Upo muna tayo," Vic said before sitting down on one of the benches.

"Paano sina Coach?" she asked.

"Naitext ko na, Daks."

She sighed before sitting down. She had a feeling she was going to have a long day ahead of her.

"Daks, can we talk about us?" Vic asked.

She swallowed. This was not happening. She didn't want to be having this conversation with Vic again. 

That was Vic's exact same line when she told her that there was someone else in her life. It prompted her to get drunk in Vegas. But now, she knew that that line was not going to open up about someone else. It was her. She was the one this time. But she would rather not be the one.