XIV

As soon as she started driving, her anxiety came back. But Mika helped her calm down with soothing words and sweet kisses whenever they stopped because of traffic or stoplights. When they were in NLEX, and there was no traffic in NLEX, Mika sang to her instead.

Mika loves singing and she likes hearing Mika sing. Even though Mika's voice was not professional material, it was not out of tune and it was actually pleasing to the ears. She loves it when Mika sings to her. It makes her feel special.

But as they neared Mika's house in Bulacan, no words nor song could calm her nerves down. She was perspirating even though it was really cold inside her car.

Mika went down first and she followed. Mika helped her with the bags after rolling her eyes.

"Calm down, will you? Hindi ka naman nila kakainin ng buhay," Mika teased.

She smiled nervously.

As soon as they entered the house, Mika's whole family greeted her.

Mika kissed all of her family members on the cheek while she stood there.

"Ma, Pa, Kuya Perry, si Alyssa po. Miko, Mikole, si Ate Aly niyo."

She tried to smile as relaxed as possible and she put down the bags on the floor so she could mano properly to Mika's parents. She shook hands with Kuya Perry while the kids waived at and greeted her.

"Kumusta ka naman, Alyssa?" Mika's mom asked.

"Okay naman po, Ma'am," she answered nervously.

"Tita na lang. Masyado ka namang pormal," Tita Bhaby smiled at her.

"Bakit ba ang dami niyong dala, Ye?" Tito asked Mika.

"Tanong niyo po diyan kay Alyssa, Pa," Mika sneered at her.

She started giving the paper bags including the ones Mika was holding earlier. She felt her cheeks redden as she was doing so.

"Para sa inyo po."

"Alyssa, hija, bakit naman may ganito? Nako, nag-abala ka pa saka parang sobra naman ang mga ito," Tita said.

"Para po sa inyo iyan. Peace offering ko po sana sa lahat ng atraso ko at ng mga supporters ko sa family niyo po," she replied shyly.

Mika's family did not want to accept the gifts but she insisted. They gave her a warm thank you afterwards.

During lunch, Mika's family made her feel welcome. They kept asking her about her interests and they talked about simple things.

The whole lunch was fun even though she and Mika were absolutely careful with their words and actions.

She enjoyed the time she spent with Mika's siblings afterwards because she loves kids.

"Ate Alyssa, pwede po ba pa-sign?" Mikole asked while holding a mikasa ball.

That made her smile.

She saw that the ball was already signed by Mika's teammates from La Salle and her friends from UST.

Mikole pointed where she should sign and she did.

"Matagal ko na po gusto magpasign sa inyo at sa ibang lady eagles kaya lang nakakahiya, eh. Ayaw rin naman ni Ate gawin para sakin," Mikole said before sticking out her tongue towards her sister who was in the kitchen.

Mika just stuck her tongue out at Mikole even though she was sure Mika did not hear what they were talking about. She chuckled at that.

"Gusto mo ipadala mo na lang sakin 'yang bola tapos ipasign ko for you?"