XXXIX

Alyssa was slipping away from her.

She wished she could say everything went smoothly after their 9th monthsary but it didn't. It went downhill from there and it was all her fault. She got busy.

They made it to the invitational finals and the training because of that was rigorous. She was busy and she was exhausted. Add to that, she was still attending grad school and maybe fate was playing with her because the requirements suddenly became too demanding. Plus, they also started the preparations for the business she, Kim, and Vic were establishing. That took a lot of her time.

Then there was the pressure of the outside world in their relationship. Ever since people found out, they were advised to keep off the social media, especially her, since apparently it was like a battle ground out there. A lot of Alyssa's fans couldn't accept it and has been saying a lot of hurtful things about her which made her own fans retaliate saying bad things about Alyssa. Eyes were on their every move. And she didn't like that.

Everything combined, she had a lot of arguments with Alyssa. Well, more like she made Alyssa feel bad a lot of times. And even though Alyssa easily forgave her, she felt like it was creating a distance between them.

She remembered some of the arguments they had.

-

She was awoken by the crashing sound of the door.

She didn't realize she fell asleep on the study table they set up on their bedroom for grad school. When she went out, she saw Alyssa, dressed up gorgeously, sitting on the couch with her eyes closed and with anger clearly etched on her face.

She looked at the time.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Alyssa was taking her out for dinner and she completely forgot about it. Fuck.

"Babe," she said softly, approaching Alyssa slowly.

Alyssa opened her eyes and she saw the irritation in it.

"Babe, I'm sorry. I fell asleep," she said while sitting down beside Alyssa.

She took Alyssa's right hand and squeezed it with hers and kissed it. But Alyssa just looked at her blankly.

"Babe," she called again.

"Mika," Alyssa said.

She knew for a fact that Alyssa was really angry. Alyssa doesn't call her Mika. Not like that.

"Alam ko namang busy ka at pagod ka. And I told you I understand diba? I support you in everything," Alyssa continued with forced calmness. "I kept telling you to rest pero ikaw ang nagpumilit na we can go out. Tapos ganito?"

"I'm sorry."

She felt like crying.

"I try really hard to understand na because of your schedule, nababawasan talaga ang time natin. Pero naman, kapag sinabi mong kaya mo, sana panindigan mo. O kaya sana hindi mo na lang ipilit, nagmumukha kasi akong tanga sa paghihintay sayo tapos hindi ka rin naman darating."

She cried.

She knew Alyssa must have reached the limit of her patience with her. She had canceled a lot of her dates with Alyssa and this time, she totally stood her up. She didn't mean to but she knew Alyssa must have felt terrible.

Alyssa sighed before pulling her to her chest.

"Sssh, don't cry," Alyssa said soothingly. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get mad you. I'm just..."