XXXVII

She opened her eyes with a groan. She felt like her body was beaten up.

What the hell happened anyway? She remembered being in her condo with Den, Jho, and Bea. Then, nothing.

Where was she anyway? The bedroom was definitely unfamiliar to her. She tried to sit up before looking around. When she did, it sank in that maybe she was still sleeping.

Mika was there. Beside her. Sleeping.

The sight was overwhelming. It was making her heart beat like crazy. She missed her and she was close enough to touch.

She got on her side and leaned closer to Mika. She traced her face with her eyes, memorizing each and every detail from her hair that she never liked to keep too long, to her perfectly shaped eyebrows, to her peaceful sleeping eyes, to her cute nose, and her kissable lips. Oh, Lord, she missed her. 

Unable to stop herself, she started to lean down. And just as their lips were about to touch, Mika groaned and she could see her eyes were about to open. She immediately moved back, her heart racing.

They weren't okay. Not yet. She could just imagine how Mika would have felt if she kissed her while she was sleeping. Well, she used to kiss Mika a lot even when she was sleeping and there's nothing bad with kissing your wife, right?

"What the fuck?!" Mika exclaimed when she saw her and sat up.

"Uhm, hi?" she said nervously.

Mika suddenly stood up and she was just sitting there not knowing what to do.

"How the hell did you manage to drug me this time?!" Mika screamed as she went to the door. 

"Babe-"

"Don't."

Mika stopped midway to glare at her before going to the door. Mika tried to open the door but it was apparently locked. 

She walked slowly to Mika who had her back on her. 

"Babe," she called again before reaching for Mika's hand.

Mika pulled away. "Isa, Alyssa. You drugged me, now this?!"

"As much as I want to take credit for all these because it gave me the chance to be close to you again, I didn't do it. I was drugged, too," she explained.

A phone started ringing and they both looked to the bedside table where Mika's phone was lighting up.

She started walking towards it but it stopped ringing. Next thing she knew, Mika moved past her hastily and took her phone. But not before she saw her wallpaper. Mika changed it. It wasn't the same as hers anymore.

But it was her. Mika's wallpaper was a picture of her.

She gave out a sigh of relief and she can't even explain how giddy that made her feel. Maybe Mika missed her just as much as she missed Mika. She hoped.

Mika answered the phone the next time it rang. 

"Hello, Vic! Ano 'to?" Mika asked frantically.

"Ano?!"

"Fine!"

Mika then put the phone on speaker and she walked closer to Mika but stopped a few steps away from her because Mika was staring daggers at her.

"Anong ibig sabihin nito?" Mika asked again.

"Daks," she heard Ara's voice from the other line. "Sorry kung pinatulog ka namin."

"You better have a damn good reason, Vic. Sinasabi ko sayo," Mika said threateningly.

The line went quiet.