Chapter 35 - Revenge

Madeline's POV
_____________

I woke up and laid there clutching my side as Zach held me up. "What happened?" I asked weakly. "You were unconscious for a minute." Zach said. "Allie had to teleport us out of the way." "Ugh. Why did I trust this guy?" I said weakly. "Same with me." Allie said. "Now let me heal you." I watched as Allie' s hand glowed white. "What was in that dagger?" I whined. "It is not silver." "No." Zach said. "It's mercury. Also known as liquid silver. It is starting to go through your veins." "That's Annabelle's plan." Allie said. "She wants your death to be slow."

"Of frikking course." I said. "She hates me and wants me dead, but why Jason?" "He's her cousin as well as his brother." Allie said. "Makes perfect sense." I said. "No wonder why he was acting strange in front of me." "Oh, Maddie?" Annabelle called. "Shh." Zach whispered, covering my mouth. I held onto him as her scent filled my nose. Soon, I saw my wound disappear and my jersey mended together. "The mercury is out of your system and you're ready to go." Allie whispered. "I'll teleport you two."

We were teleported back to the field, but we were in the Lady Sting dugout. I saw Jason looking for us. "Does he think I am still back there?" I asked. Allie shrugged. "I dunno." She said. I immediately got back on all fours and sniffed the air. I looked back as Allie waved her hand. I felt a barrier around me as I snuck up behind Jason. I watched as I saw him lick my blood off of his fingers. 'You're sick.' I thought. 'Ain't that right.' Allie said to me. I decided to go for it. I ran up and clawed Jason's back and sank my canines into his shoulder, ripping his skin and muscle from their place.

Jason fell to the ground bleeding out. "You were the same as you were 5 years ago." He hissed. He held up his hand, but no fire emerged. I spit out the flesh and smirked. "What are you gonna do now?" I asked. "You don't have your powers anymore." "Yea, but I am still stronger than you." He said

...

Zach's POV
_____________

"Yea, but I'm still stronger than you." Jason said to Maddie. That set me off, but Allie was holding me back. "This is my fight." I growled. "She's gonna call you in, Zach." Allie said. From the corner of my eye, I saw someone. I turned to lunge, but it was Laura Hatch. "Hey, kid." She said. "I said I would be here." She looked in my direction. "Okay, there's a problem." She added. "Be right back." She teleported away.

I watched as Maddie was clawing Jason's chest, leaving huge gashes in his shoulders, neck, and chest. I waited for Jason to turn his back to me. However, he grabbed Maddie by the neck and three her towards the outfield. I heard her yelp when she landed. It angered me because I hurt when she hurts.

I ran as fast as I could at Jason. I tackled him and the stone dust filled the crevices in the wounds. "Now we can have our little chat." He said weakly. I could see that his shoulder was nothing but muscle tissue. "Why isn't it healing up that quick?" I asked mockingly. "Did you lose your powers?" He just hissed at me. I growled as he stepped back. "Why were you hunting my clan?" I growled. "I don't think there is a point anymore." Jason hissed. "You're the only one left. You're all alone. Madeline doesn't even love you." "Untrue!" Maddie yelled, trying to get up. "Don't listen to him! He wants you to kill me!" "Exactly." Jason said. "Kill her and I'll spare the last member of the Dyan clan." I looked back at Maddie. She was tearing up. "Please." She said. "Help a wolf out. I love you."

I got tears in my eyes. "Anytime now." He said. "What would I do without Maddie?" I growled. "You would move on easily." He hissed. "No I won't." I growled as I pinned him to the metal fence. "Can't you see how much she means to me?" "She means that much to me too." He said. "Then why did you almost kill her?" I hollered as people heard me clearly. "Only I am the one to kill her." Annabelle yelled. "Exactly." I said to Jason before slitting his throat with my claws.

His body froze and shattered into fragments of dust. I ran over to Maddie and helped her up. She immediately grabbed me and pulled me into an embrace. "I honestly don't know what I'd do without you." She said, tears streaming down her face. "I love you." I held her close. "I don't want this to end." I said. "But we got to help the others." Maddie said. "Let's keep my clan alive as well." I nodded as she took my hand. We ran.

...

Madi's POV
__________

I was holding onto my bat as Drake was firing his magic at me. I kept deflecting it with the Dmarini. It changed from fire to clumps of stone-dust and mercury. I dodged as I crept closer and closer until I was able to smack him through the stomach with my bat. He fell to the ground as the bat was still near him. He cowered. "Really?" I asked. "That's pretty stupid. An aluminum bat? Really?" Next thing I knew, another person pinned me to the wall. I still had my bat, but it was close to my neck. Luke was the one pinning me to the wall. "Why follow her?" I growled. "Kelli and I are with Shannon and our parents all had issues with your mother." Luke hissed. I kicked him in the leg with my metal cleats and broke free. I saw Melissa and tossed her the bat.

Luke got up no problem. "Right." I said. "Regeneration." I saw my bat teleport away and it was now in Laura's hands. She teleported it away. She nodded at me. Melissa transformed into her wolf form. She was a bundle of white fur with cold blue eyes. Then, a grey wolf with blue eyes and silver veins jumped in front of me. 'It's me, Olivia.' She said to me. I could understand her. "Alright, help me." I said. She nodded as she ran for Luke and Melissa ran for Drake. I found Shannon and ran after her. "Catch me if you can, Treble." She called, taunting me. Growling, my hands hit the ground and I picked up speed. Soon, I was inches away from her. Next thing I knew, I was in the outfield.