Chapter 13 - a side of the story

Annabelle's POV
______________

I got a text from Shannon and Kelli's group chat.

...

Shannon: Meet me at my place.

...

Kelli: k

...

Annabelle: ok

...

I put my phone in my pocket and snapped my fingers. Next thing I knew, I ended up in a house. "Shannon?" I called. "I'm here." "Hey, Annabelle." She said. "It's nice to see you since the Blue Hill Tournament." "What do you want?" I asked. "I want to know how you knew Madeline." She said. "Is she what you say she is?" "You want me to actually t-tell you?" I asked. "Yes." She said. "Why are you making it so hard right now? You are hesitant." I hesitated.

"Well?" She demanded. "What's the hold up?" "I'll tell you, ok?" I screamed. I collapsed to the ground. "Collin." I murmured. "Who?" She asked. "Just get Kelli here." I hissed. "I want to explain to both of you." She walked back a few steps. "Jeez." She said. "You don't have to be like that." "WELL, A PART OF MY FAMILY WAS TAKEN FROM ME!" I hissed. "WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?" I broke down crying.

She had this surprised look on her face. Next thing I knew, I saw a black void appear and disappear. Kelli was followed by it. She looked different. She had the emo hair and streaked it black. She kept some brown in her hair. She noticed me and quickly looked at Shannon. "What did you do?" She demanded. "I told you to ask her, don't make her cry. She's 15." "She murmured about a guy named Collin." Shannon said. "She claimed him to be a part of her family."

"H-he was." I spat. "he was my cousin. He was the one who started hunting singing wolves in my family. While we were tracking the ones in the state, we had another in the family. He appeared on our doorstep asking for a home. We took him in because he was like us. But enough about him. He witnessed the fiasco. My cousin, Collin, was so determined to find and kill each singing wolf in the world. We were hunting werewolves, but singing wolves were his number one priority. My parents would show us the werewolves they captured and later killed on our quest to rule the world. Now, my parents are taking a break since the 'incident' and it has rattled our power in the family."

"Tell us why you are after Madeline and we will help you." Kelli said. "Tell us exactly what happened." I nodded. "I think we should sit first." I said. We walked into Shannon's room and closed the door behind us. "Tell us the origin of your rage." Shannon said. I nodded. "So, it all started..."

...flashback...

It was 8:00 pm, September 12th and my family and I went to the Soule Homestead. "Are you sure there are werewolves here, Collin?" I nagged. "Because I think you calculated wrong." "Well, my senses led me here." Collin said. "For the singing werewolves are all around Middleboro and Plympton." "Do you know the difference between singing and harvest?" My mother asked. "Yea, same month and moon, but different abilities." Collin said. I looked to my foster brother, who stayed quiet. He never was a talker. I looked around the crowd. I saw Rachelle. My magical sister. She looked younger, but we both know she's older. I then, saw a girl with brown hair and bangs. I looked into her mind. Madeline Kilpeck. I decided to walk over.

"Hey, Rachelle." I said after I teleported over. "Hey, Annabelle." She said. "This is my friend, Maddie. We met through softball. She's singing tonight." "Hey." Maddie said. " I'm singing Titanium by Sia. I'm playing the piano too. I've been practicing over the winter, well, ever since my 11th birthday." "Um, why?" I asked. "She told me about it on my birthday." She said. "So I chose a song that meant most to me and I stuck with that song." "Oh, and speaking of softball, I play too." I said. "Oh, that's awesome." She said. "What position?" "Shortstop." I said. "Nice, I'm a catcher." Maddie said.

"That's nice." I said. Little did I know, my eyes flashed red. Maddie's eyes widened. she gulped. "Are you okay?" I asked. "Oh, yea." Maddie said. I then saw Rachelle grab Maddie's arm. She gave her a concerning look. "Is she okay, Shell?" I asked. "Yeah." Rachelle said. "I just had to see if she was nervous or not for the performance."

Soon, it was Maddie's turn to go on. "Let's hope all the practice paid off." She said as she walked to the stage. I noticed her skin turning tan. I then teleported over to my cousin. "I feel there is one here." I whispered. "Really?!" Collin asked. "Where?" "I am not one hundred percent sure." I said. "Well, let's just listen to this girl sing and we pick our guinea pig to interrogate." He said. He then just stared at this girl. She was my age. A year older at least. As she was singing, her eyes changed from brown to yellow, to brown.

'Oh shit.' I thought. 'She's a singing wolf.' She hit the high note as the harvest/singing moon rose. The song ended and everyone clapped. "Wow, she's so good." My mother exclaimed. "A singer." Collin murmured. "WOLF!!" He then screamed. Maddie's head shot in our direction. He wasn't kidding. He transformed into his vampire form and hissed at her. She backed up and fell off the stage, barely missing a sharp rock.

My mother and foster brother held him back. "This is supposed to be a family thing." My mother said. "Collin. Calm down." I looked to where Maddie was and she was doubling over in pain. "Collin, stop!" I yelled. "It's not me, I swear." He hissed. "It's the moon." I watched as Maddie was on her knees. I saw a yellow glow come from her eyes. There were wolf ears on top of her head. Her teeth turned into canines like a dog. Her fingernails turned into wolf claws.

I stepped back as she looked up with a pissed off face. She started growling. Through her brown hair, her yellow eyes were shocking with black vein-like patterns around the pupil. I decided to keep my distance. "Let me fight her." Collin hissed. He broke free and ran at top speed towards Maddie. He tackled her. I thought she was a goner. But she was really strong. She didn't act like herself. She blocked his attack and pinned him down. She then got up and when he got up, fire appeared in his hands. Maddie cracked the muscles in her neck and ran at him. He shot fire at her, which she dodged and eventually got to him, scratching his chest.

He was stripped of his main fire powers. He backed up slowly. He put his hand to his head. It was now up to physical strength. He ran at her, but she caught his wrist and threw him to the ground. Now, here's me, a 10 year old, being scarred by this fight. "Cmon, beat her." I yelled. It was typical of me to root for my cousin because I'm loyal to the vampires only. However, I couldn't believe what I saw. He was scratched once again, but this time, her nails ripped his neck. He bled heavily, but they kept fighting. Then, Maddie did the unthinkable. She grabbed a stake that held up the tend and jammed it into his chest where she scratched using her werewolf strength.

Tears came to my eyes. Collin dropped in front of Maddie. In front of ME. My eyes turned red as I transformed into my vampire form. Then, Maddie turned to me. This time, she shook her head instead. She managed to get back to reality and looked surprised and scared to see me in my vampire form. She then looked down at the work she has done. She jumped back in total shock. "I didn't mean to." She murmured many times. She looked at her bloody claws and realized she blacked out in her werewolf form.

She then looked at me as she started running. I ran after her with my vamp speed. I was almost up to her, but her hands touched the ground and she gained speed. She jumped high into a tree, but I grabbed her leg and threw her to the ground. "You're coming with me." I demanded. We walked back to the site. Rachelle was standing on the sidelines. "It wasn't her fault." She called. I was furious that I ignored. "How could you?" I hissed. She whimpered. "I didn't mean to." She said. " I blacked out." "Blacked out." I said sarcastically. "You know exactly what you did. You killed him."

"Let her go." Rachelle demanded, teleporting in front of us."How could you two be friends?" I screamed as I threw her at Rachelle. "You two are nothing alike. Practically enemies. Who will you choose? Your softball wolf friend? Or your own SISTER?" Maddie gasped. Rachelle didn't say a word. "So that's how it's gonna be." I said. "Just you wait, Kilpeck." I teleported away with my family.

...reality...

I broke down crying. Shannon and Kelli were stunned. "I shouldn't have said anything." Shannon said. "No need." I spat. "You wanted to know the truth, I gave it to you. Madeline is a singing werewolf like Madi. You happy now?" "I'll call for backup." Shannon said.