Chapter 4 - aquainting

Allie's POV
__________

Maddie backed away from the computer. "Annabelle is on Madi's team." She said. "What are we gonna do?" "Might as well Skype her." I said. "She should have a Skype account. What's yours?" "I have mine on my computer." She said. "My username is MHS_Softball19." "And we have to find hers." I said. "We just need to contact her first. What do you think?" "Not a bad idea." She said. "I could see if I could find her on Instagram."

Maddie took out her iPad and clicked on the Instagram icon. I looked more into the roster and started up Skype. It showed a picture from her freshman year in the varsity uniform. "Don't you have number 6 now?" I asked. "Yea, I don't change my profile pictures that often." She said. "Well it proves in you not changing your computer wallpaper." I said. "I'm lazy, ok?" She said.

I then watched as she searched 'Madi Treble.' There was only one account that popped up. It was TrebleSoftball06. She clicked on it and her profile came up. She followed her and showed me her Skype username, 'WolvesSoftball06,' and I typed it into the computer to friend request her. Then she sent her a direct message. I watched the conversation.

Softball_Wolfie06: Hi, this is Madeline Kilpeck. Are you Madi Treble?

TrebleSoftball06: OMG! You're Madeline. How did you find me?

Softball_Wolfie06: Allie and I are on Lady Sting. I just sent you a friend request on Skype.

TrebleSoftball06: What's your username?

Softball_Wolfie06: MHS_Softball19

TrebleSoftball06: Okay, thanks. I'll let you know when I'm on. I have a couple teammates with me.

Softball_Wolfie06: Same with me. Laura and Lilly, right?

TrebleSoftball06: Yea, how did you know?

Softball_Wolfie06: You were in an article we found when we went scouting.

TrebleSoftball06: We found an article about you as well while we were scouting.

Softball_Wolfie06: What a coincidence. Well, let me know when you're on and you're ready to talk.

TrebleSoftball06: ok

She turned to me. "Did you send her a request?" She asked. "I'm doing that now." I said.

.....

Laura's POV
___________

Suddenly, Madi's computer showed a Skype notification. "Um, who's MHS_Softball19?" I asked. "That's Madeline!" Madi said excitedly. "I was just talking to her on Instagram. Follow her. Her username is Softball_Wolfie06." "Well, I'm saying this because Madeline just sent you a friend request on Skype." I said. "Wait, Madeline friend requested us?" Lilly asked. "Yea." I said. "I'm accepting it right now." Next thing I knew, there was an incoming call from her.

"Quick, answer it." Madi said. I clicked on the video chat button and her image came up. She was wearing her Lady Sting uniform. "Hey guys." Madeline said. "Madeline!" I said. "It's really you. Where are the others?" "Oh, I only have Allie with me." Madeline said. "Were you guys looking for Clara and Sam? Because you guys look so much alike." "Yea, even Sam has the same last name as me." Lilly said. "So, are you guys all from one town?"

Madeline shook her head. "I am from Middleboro, Masachusetts." She said. "On this team, there are players from West Bridgewater, Raynham, Milford, and Middleboro." "Raynham." a girl behind her said. "I'm Allie by the way. Allie Reed." "Well, I'm Madi Treble and this is Laura Reid and Lilly Marglous." Madi said. "You were actually talked about a lot by a salesperson and one of our teammates." "Speaking of that, do you know Annabelle Nelson?" Madeline asked.

"Yeah, why?" Lilly asked. "Yea, I'm being hunted by Annabelle." Madeline said. "That's me." "Then do you know a Shannon Healy?" Madi asked. "Yes." She said. "She is our outfielder and is a pain in my side. She wants to get rid of Allie." "Wait what?!" Allie screamed. "Yup." Madeline said. "She's so mean." "Did she pressure you to transform in front of her?" Madi asked. "Yep." Allie said. "I saw everything until I shooed her away and I let her transform."

"Yea, she's hunting me down." Madi said. "We now know our allies now." "Heh, yea." Madeline said. "We should meet up in Boston. When are you guys gonna be in Boston?" "Probably Wednesday." I said. "We could teleport over to your house and we could come up with a plan." "Yea, that sounds great." Madeline said. "I'll have Allie over and you bring your teammates who are on your alliance and we could team up against Shannon and Annabelle." Madi looked at us and we nodded.

"I'll be sure to let them know." Madi said. "Maybe the guys can come to our tournament." "Who is going with you guys?" Madeline asked. "Jason, Brian, and Melissa." Madi said. "They're not available at the moment. I'll let you know." We exchanged phone numbers and soon it was about midnight. "Hey, we have to go." Madeline said. "My father is soon gonna scold me. Bye guys. Nice meeting you." "You too." I said. "See you in Boston." Lilly said. "We will let you know when the boys are available to Skype." Madi said. "Alright." Allie said. "Goodnight."

The image of them went away. "Perfect." Madi said. "We got in touch with the captains on the Lady Sting. Now to form the alliance." "I'll let Jason know tomorrow." I said. "You could let Brian and Melissa know as well." "Alright." Madi said. "I might as well go to bed. I don't want to be stuck in my form for another day. Night guys." She walked into her room. We followed her and set up sleeping bags. Soon, we all dozed and fell asleep.