Chapter 25 - Wolf Form

Madi's POV
__________

We were close to finishing our discussion for Boston. "What do you think they might do if we both Lady Sting and Lady Blaze are in the tournament?" I asked. "I heard Shannon talking at one of my practices." Madeline said. "She was talking to someone named Kelli about a whistle. We are not allowed wear any jewelry to games. If the umpires catch us, we'll be forced to take it off before our at bat. I can't wear my tuning fork necklace. I'll be forced to sing to counteract the whistle and when the whistle is blown, you can hear me sing my song that matches the tune of the whistle. Then it just gets ridiculous. It keeps going. You'll see what I mean when we get there." "I'll keep that in mind." I said. "Does harmony help if you sing melody?" Madeline nodded.

"That's cool, yet weird." Allie said. "That's singing wolves for ya." I said. "I totally get it." Lilly said. "It doesn't matter if it's the same tune, it can be a transposition and it can include harmony if there is another singing wolf." Madeline and I nodded. "Oh, and if I see other people on Shannon and Annabelle's alliance, we will be on the sidelines if they try to get to you two." Jason said. "Thanks buddy." I said. "Anything for the girls." Brian said as he put his arm around me. "I think we got it." Laura said. "If anything turns up, then we'll improvise." "Good call." Melissa said. "I can't sing, so I'll just cover my ears." We all laughed.

Later, we had lunch and then we decided to practice our abilities. We walked outside onto the grass after Madeline let the dog out for five minutes. She then came back outside. "Alright, now I'm ready." Madeline said. Brian, Jason, and Lilly waved their hands and the fence and all our surroundings were sealed with magic so nothing can destroy them. Then we went off in two groups. It was the manhunt teams from last night. Me, Brian, Allie, Mina, and Melissa. Then there was Madeline, Jason, Laura, Lilly, and Rachel. "Ready?" Brian asked. "It will be you two wolves against us three." "Alright." Melissa said. She transformed into her hybrid form. White wolf ears, light blue eyes, canines, and tail. I transformed into my hybrid form as well.

First, Melissa and I were side by side and then Brian, Allie, and Mina disappeared. "Back to back, now!" I yelled. We stood back to back. Then, Brian teleported in front of me and shot a surge of lightning. "Duck." I yelled as I pulled Melissa's arm down with me. "Split up." I murmured. I grabbed a branch lying in the grass and held it up. He shot lightning at us again. I whacked it with the branch as the lightning shorted out.  Melissa and I then we're back to back again. We both had branches or anything to deflect the magic so we cold get closer. I heard deflecting from Melissa's side, also coming from Mina. Allie and Brian were shooting at me. I kept deflecting, but soon, Melissa transformed into her wolf form and tackled Mina. Mina was laughing. So was Melissa as she went back to her hybrid form with Mina pinned down.

My ears perked up as I heard Brian. 'You're immune remember?' He told me telepathically. I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder. As I realized it, I elbowed him in the gut and he stumbled backwards. I felt something change as I ran on all fours, then tackling Allie. She was surprised. "Madi." She said. "You're in your wolf form." My eyes widened. I looked in the reflection in the pool. I jumped back and when I fell on the ground, I changed back into my hybrid form. I touched my head and my wolf ears were still there I sighed in relief. "Madeline was right." I murmured. I looked at my shoulder as his bite healed up. My clothes were ripped. A bit too ripped.

My face turned red. "I think this is what Madeline meant when she said she lost her favorite clothes." I spat. "At least this is old running clothes. Okay, I feel uncomfortable now." My ears turned to the sound from behind me. "Did I tell you, or did I tell you?" Madeline asked. "I did have a wolf form." I spat. "I couldn't access it at all and now I can't anymore." "Don't worry." Madeline said. "I have always hated my wolf form. How do you feel?" "Refreshed." I said. "Stronger. Like I just got a second wind, but it never goes away." "That's how I felt last year." Madeline said. "You'll get used to it. Maybe you'll reach your high notes more smoothly." I nodded as she helped me up. "Here." She said. "Let me give you some comfortable clothes to change into. You can keep them."

We walked into the house from the back door and I ran into Madeline's room. "Dude." She said. "I saw what happened there. No need to be embarrassed." She walked in after me "How are you so chill about this?" I asked as she set out clothes for me. "Well, when everyone knows what you are, people start to accept you for you. However, now, it's been a long time since I encountered Annabelle." "When was your second meeting?" I asked. "The first Chris K 5k." She said. "I still had brown hair with bangs in the front. We just argued since my parents were there." I knew now since she's a junior(she skipped a grade), she is allowed to travel alone by the consent of her parents. "I don't even know if her parents know about the alliance she's in." I said as I put on a pair of shorts and a Lady Sting t-shirt. "I bet not." Madeline said laughing.

Soon, we walked down cellar and there was the rest of the alliance. "Can't you believe this?" Madeline asked. "She just experienced her wolf form." "I know." Melissa said. "She should be proud of herself. It's really rare for singing wolves." "And how are your clothes not ripped?" I asked. She shrugged. "I ask myself that question myself." She said. I just was phased. I learned that after Brian bit me, I transformed into my wolf form when I knew I couldn't access it. Even though I can't anymore, it is still cool being immune to vampire bites. It was kinda like a once in a lifetime opportunity. I'd have to admit it was kinda cool. But after that, second wind, I felt like passing out. I felt my eyes close as I felt Brian catch me. "She should sleep." He said. "She needs it." Madeline said. "In fact she deserves it." I opened my eyes slightly as I saw Madeline and Brian help me into the sleeping bag. Soon, I fell asleep.