Chapter 7 - meetup

Lilly's POV
__________

It was 8:00. "So, Madeline is gonna start a Skype call with us?" I asked. "Yea," Madi said. "It takes her a half hour to get home because she's driving. She will let us know when she gets home." "Alright." I said.

....

Madeline's POV
_____________

I was pulling into my driveway as Allie followed close behind. I parked the Volvo in the available parking space next to my mother's car. Allie parked in the available space next to my dad's truck. I got out with my slides on and walked in the house. As I entered my room, Allie teleported herself on my bed. "Again with the teleporting?" I joked. "Yup." Allie said. "Let's see if our friends in Maine are on Skype." Next thing I knew, I got a text message on my phone after turning it off airplane mode. It was from Mina. "What could Mina say at this hour?" I asked as I opened it.

...

Mina: Hey, I saw your drag bunting practice. Shannon was trying to do something to you. And don't worry. I know what you are and it doesn't bother me. I think I know what she's up to. I wanna help.

...

Madeline: What happened that I wasn't aware of?

...

Mina: Well, Shannon was about to do something to you, but Allie stopped her. She was gonna make you transform or if she didn't know, she was gonna turn you if you were still human.

...

Madeline: You know, nothing happens when werewolves get bitten by vampires. It just acts like a regular everyday cut, scrape, knife wound, or gunshot wound.

...

Mina: Well, I never knew that. I'll know that next time.

...

Madeline: Why is that?

...

Mina: Because I'm a vampire.

...

Madeline: Kinda knew that was coming.

...

Mina: yea. Lol

...

Madeline: We are starting an alliance from players from Maine. Wanna join? We could use members because of certain things.

...

Mina: Sure. Be right over.

...

I put my phone away and Mina soon teleported into my room. She was still in her practice clothes. "Really?" I whined. "Teleporting." "Unless you want to be a vampire like us." Mina said. "I'm staying a wolf thank you." I said. "I'm keeping the singing clan alive." "Okay, just checking." Mina said.

I opened my computer and opened Skype. I texted Madi.

...

Madeline: Hey. Home from practice.

...

Madi: Awesome! Just gotta get my Skype ready. How was practice?

...

Madeline: Interesting. Did you hear the recording I sent?

...

Madi: Yea, we will talk about that during the Skype call.

...

Madeline: Awesome. Talk to you in a bit.

...

I signed into Skype and started a call with Madi.

She answered and an image of Madi, Laura, and Lilly came up. "Hey, Madeline, hey Allie." Laura said. "How was practice?" "Pretty good." I said. "Guys, this is Mina. She's our third baseman. She wants to join the alliance as well as us." "Awesome." Madi said. "We could use more people. So let's talk about Boston. Let me just invite the others." As Madi was inviting others, we talked some more. "So, any scouting on the Drifters?" Lilly asked. "Well, my friend, Laura Hatch, is a really good power hitter." I said. "She's the pitcher on the Drifters." "Wait, I know that name." Lilly said. "Hatch. Ali Hatch. We played her. Is she the one I'm talking about?"

"Oh, I know what you're trying to say." I said. "Laura couldn't make the game, so she told me that a friend of hers, Ali, was given her jersey for the game because they needed an extra player." "Oh, so it's not Ali?" Laura asked. "It's another Laura." I said. Soon, Madi turned back to us. "Okay, they're coming on." Madi said. Next thing I knew, I saw five other screens pop up. There was a girl with brown hair, a girl with blonde and blue hair, a boy with black hair, and another boy with brown hair.

"Guys here are our three new members of our alliance." Madi said. "Mina, Allie, and the one and only, Madeline Kilpeck." The boys stared at me. "Damn." The boy with brown hair said. "Madeline looks just like you. I'm Jason by the way. The other guy is Brian." "Hey." Brian said. "Nice to finally meet you." "Likewise." I said. "Madi, you weren't kidding." The brunette said. "You guys could qualify as sisters. I'm Melissa by the way, and that's Rachel. She's the only human here." "But I do have ice powers." Rachel said. "Wow, you look so much like my cousin, Shelly." I said. "And you guys have the same ability."

.....

Madi's POV
__________

I had an idea of us getting to know them better. "Alright, I want you all to transform so everyone knows what they are and Rachel your ice powers." I said. They nodded. First, Jason transformed into his vampire form and so did Brian. Melissa morphed in her hybrid form as a ghost wolf with her white ears and light blue eyes. Laura and Lilly transformed next to me. Then I morphed into my singing wolf form with acute gray wolf ears and yellow eyes. Then, I saw Allie and Mina transform into their vampire forms. And Rachel's hand was surrounded in ice. "What are you waiting for, Madeline?" I asked. "No one is gonna hurt you." She took a deep breath as she morphed into her hybrid form. She had acute grey wolf ears and yellow eyes. "So, it's true." Jason said. "Another singing wolf. Why are you being hunted down?"

"Her name is Annabelle Nelson." Madeline said. "We have been enemies since I was a child. There was this incident when I was 11. It was when I first experienced my transformation. I blacked out for a small amount of time. That was enough time to kill someone. I killed a vampire. That was the worst thing I've done and I wish it never happened. Either way, I am still being hunted down because I'm a singing wolf." Everyone was speechless. Even me. Even Allie and Mina. "I've heard from someone else's point of view, but from you, that's deep." I said. "Alright, let's talk about Boston to get this off our minds."