Chapter 15 - help

Jason's POV
___________

I paced back and forth. I found out that Madeline was stuck on a song for us to sing together. I decided to look up songs for us to sing. I came across a Lady Antebellum song. It was called Just A Kiss. That made me want to rehearse with her now. However, I wasn't supposed to be there until next Thursday. It was Saturday. I also didn't know what got to me on the group Skype call. I just needed a run to calm my nerves. I plugged in my earbuds and walked out the door. I then looked in the street for any cars. 'Screw it.' I thought. I turned on the music and took off in a dead sprint.

Three minutes in, everything was blurring around me. I couldn't stop thinking about her. Lilly's voice was in my head. "Take it slow." She said. "She won't know what to do if a vampire is about to suddenly kiss her. Don't bite her." I couldn't read her mind. She was too far away. All the way to Massachusetts. I came to a sudden stop in Brian's yard. "Convenient." I mumbled. "Hey, Jason." He said. "What brings you here? Something tells me you're stressed out. Madi's with me and she's telling me about Madeline." My eyes grew wide when I heard her name.

"So you reacted when I said Madeline, huh?" He asked. I wanted to speak, but he took the words out of my mouth. "You like her, don't you?" He asked. I nodded. "I don't blame you." He added. "She and Madi look a lot alike, but I see the differences between the two. The darker highlights. The gold eye makeup. The muscular, but slim hourglass figure. The kind of body that you know you wanna-" "stop!" I demanded. I held up my fist and my hand caught fire.

"Stop it." I said as my faced turned red as a tomato. "Just checking." Brian said. He chuckled. I punched him in the back. "So you want me to help you I assume." He said. "Yes." I said. "I have a lot of questions." "Madi is also with me, so she can tell you a few things as well." "Hey, Jason." Madi said. "You need help with Madeline?"

I nodded. "Yeah." I said. " I just have questions regarding werewolves since you and Madeline are the same." "Okay." She said. "Ask away. And also, I have learned all this from Madeline." I gulped. "Ok, do you guys get angry easily?" I asked. "Depends on the mood we are in." She said. "Second question." I said. "What if I accidentally bite her?"

Madi laughed. "Actually, singing wolves are immune to vampire bites." She said. "We're you worrying about that all that time?" "Well, yeah." I said. "I don't wanna hurt her, kill her or turn her." "Well, she said that she was bitten before." She said. "What?!" I yelled. "That is one thing I have to worry about."

"It was an accident." She said. "Her ex boyfriend is a vampire. He accidentally bit her. She transformed into her actual wolf form right after, but after a while, she was now limited to her hybrid form. Now, every time she got bitten, she was just immune to the venom. It just resists since its werewolf blood and since she's part of the singing clan. Since she sings so much, it becomes a strength which makes vampires' bites vulnerable and their venom not work at all."

I sighed of relief. "You know, I just went on a run, but I didn't mean to end up here." I said. "But all these questions were running through my mind and I just couldn't handle all the stress. Thanks guys. At least I had to stop somewhere." "I kinda knew you were gonna run." Brian said. "That's what I do when I need to get something of my chest. But it's when I don't know how."

....

Brian's POV
__________

"So, Madi, how was your time with Madeline?" Jason asked. "What song are you guys singing?" "Unsteady by X Ambassadors." Madi said. "That's my favorite." I said. "Well played." "Yea." Madi said. "We have the harmony down pat. I just need to practice it." Jason and I chuckled. "Do you distribute your harmonies equally?" Jason asked. "Yea." Madi said. "So I guess I am singing harmony with Madeline." Jason said. "Has she heard your voice yet?" I asked. "Nope." Jason said. "Well, what song would you want to sing with her?" I asked.

"Probably Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol." Jason said. "I've been listening to Lady Antebellum as well, but I think we could attempt harmony in Chasing Cars. What do you think?" "I think you should do Chasing Cars." Madi said. "She loves that song. She can play it on piano even." "How do you know?" I asked. "I saw a video from two years ago of her playing piano and that song was played." "Oh." I said. "Why?" Madi asked. "I thought it was something else." I said.

She got up and faced me with her hands on her hips. She tilted her head. "Oh, you wanna go, girl?" I asked, eyes turning red. "Excuse me." She said. "Just tell me what you were thinking." "Well, you and Madeline are almost the same person." I said. "Not helping." Madi said. "What if that wasn't her?" I asked. Her eyes turned yellow. I transformed into my vampire form, and then she morphed into her hybrid form on instinct.

....

Madi's POV
__________

"You did NOT just go there." I said. Brian chuckled. "Alright." He said. "Let's play, wolf." My ears perked up. 'Damn you.' I thought. "Too far." He said. "I can read your mind. Remember?" I sighed. I tried to keep a straight face. "One of you are gonna break down laughing." Jason said. "I can sense it." Brian and I both looked in his direction. He backed up with his hands up. "Alright then." He said. "Do whatever needs to be done."