Chapter 16 - Get off me

Madi's POV
__________

Jason walked back as far as he could until he hit the corner of the wall. Next thing I knew, there was another wall surrounding us. I touched it and my hand didn't go through it. It felt like concrete, yet it was clear. He rolled his sleeved of his flannel shirt and smiled, revealing his fangs. I grimaced, showing my canines. "Is this some sort of training?" I growled. "We can say that." Brian said, chuckling. I cracked the muscles in my neck to distract him. His eyes widened.

I waited for him to use his speed. He ran and I ducked as he went into a blur. He bumped into the wall. I giggled. "I was just going easy on you." He said. "Sure you are." I said. "Because I just know the weaknesses. Jason, Dmarini." I saw him take the bat out of my gear bag. Brian took me here from a one on one catching practice. Anyways, he tossed the bat to me. "What are you gonna do?" I asked, laughing.

I put the bat head down in front of him. He cowered. I couldn't stop laughing. He hissed. "I wonder why this is a weakness." I said. "Why would I tell you?" He asked. "Well, I'd have no advantage point against Shannon. And especially those bastard boys." "Never mind." He said. He snapped his fingers and the bat teleported back to Jason, who fell over from the bat, but put it in the bag. "Right." I said. "You wanna win, don't you?" I cracked the muscles in my neck again. His eyes widened again.

His hands were surrounded in lightning surges. 'Oh, shit' I thought. He ran at me and grabbed my arm. He went to bite me, but I managed to grab his arm and squeeze it, causing my claws to almost sink into the skin. He felt the pain in his arm and quickly let go. "You are NOT stripping me of my powers." He demanded. "I have to bite you so you can't." I pinned him down holding his arms to the ground and my knee under his chin.

"Madeline got bitten by a vampire and she was reduced to her hybrid form and can only bite to strip the powers." I said. "Scratching does no use. They hurt like a bitch, but it doesn't strip a vampire of their powers anymore." "I can also prevent that by wearing silver." He said. I saw him snap his fingers and a silver chain appeared around his neck. "Clever, but-" I started. But a smirk was on his face. He lifted his chin and my knee fell on the chain. It started to burn my skin. I stumbled back in pain.

"Now, we are even." He said. "Very funny." I said, slowly getting up. I limped backwards to let my leg heal. I ran my claws along my leg and pierced the skin. The burn healed. So, then, to distract him, I ran my claws along my arm. It pierced the skin. Brian turned quickly in my direction and hissed. The blood dripped off down my arm, off my hand, and on the floor. "You said you didn't know what werewolf blood tasted like." I said. "Might as well... Let you know for yourself." He was gonna run.

I ducked, but he grabbed my arm at the last second. He seemed indecisive about biting me. "I'm immune, remember?" I said. He didn't bite me. Instead, he ran his hand along my bloody arm. My blood was on his fingertip. He actually tasted it. I was actually surprised. "No way." He said. "Your blood is valuable. No wonder why they're after you two." Next thing I knew, he threw me at the wall.

He was walking towards me. I tried to move out of the way, but he held up his hand and my back was stuck to the wall. "What are you doing?" I screamed. I squirmed, but I couldn't break free. "Don't fight it." He said. "Relax." He then used his vamp speed and pinned me to the wall. Soon, I was looking into his red eyes. "You're scared." He said. "Um, yea." I said. "I thought we were even." He looked at my arm, and then my neck. 'Wait, no.' I thought. 'What do I do?' I closed my eyes and clenched my teeth. A shiver went down my spine as I felt his fangs brush my neck.

....

Brian's POV
__________

I knew I kinda went a little far, but I also wanted to scare her. It was working. As my fangs brushed along her neck, her heart rate went up. I knew I wasn't gonna bite her, but she caused harm on herself and she drew blood instead of me biting her. I now knew what her blood tasted like. I know that is sick and twisted of me, but I didn't bite her. "Get. Off. Me." Madi said nervously and through clenched teeth.

Instead, I grabbed her hips. Her eyes opened slowly. I watched her as she put her hands on my shoulders. I snapped my fingers and the cut on Madi's arm healed. "You thought I was gonna bite you because you had your hair up, right?" I asked. "Yea." She said. "There's nothing to be scared about." I said. "Your heart rate is still up. No need." "Well, I was gonna punch you." Madi said. "Not until you were close to biting me."

"What did Madeline tell you?" I asked. "Besides reducing her to her hybrid form?" "She became stronger." She said. "Her abilities are stronger than when she was a freshman. She sings higher and she fights better." "Has that happened to you?" I asked. "Well, no." She said. "Then should I help if you need it?" "I guess, but it seems a bit scary." Madi said. "I never experienced any wolf form tho." "Like Madeline said, she's immune to our bites." I said. Her ears brushed against my face.

Her head rested on my shoulder. The wall disappeared. "Well, then." Jason said. "Are you guys okay?" I nodded. "She's fine." I said. "Just give her a minute." I looked back at her and watched as she morphed back into her human form. I did as well. "Well, got to go guys." Jason said. "Thanks for everything." He teleported away.

"So, you excited for the concert?" I asked. "Definitely." She said. "And thanks again for helping me work on my catching earlier today." "You can call me anytime." I said. "Nice throw downs by the way. I think you can get Madeline out at second." "I don't even think her father would give her the sign to steal." She said. We both laughed. "Well, tomorrow is Sunday." I said. "Who is singing with Madeline next?" "Rachel." Madi said. "I haven't heard Rachel sing, but Madeline is the second in the state of Massachusetts in her high school division."

"Shannon is gonna see you, right?" I asked. "Yea." She said. "She won't tell us apart." "But Annabelle would." I said. "She knows Madeline almost personally. She'll try to sabotage." "I hope not." Madi said. "Well, there will be a lot of people there and they expect good entertainment." I said. "So I don't think it'll be a problem."

She hugged me. "Thank you so much, Brian." She said. "You're one of my best friends. I'm so thankful for you helping us." "Anytime, Madi." I said hugging her back. "Um, are you sure you want me to get off you?" She giggled as she hugged me tighter. "I'd take that as a no." I said. She giggled.