Chapter 33 - on to the championship

Jason's POV
__________

I teleported to my house. My mother came to meet me. "How did the tournament go?" She asked. "Pool play ended." I said. "Lady Sting got the 1st seed." "That's Madeline's team." She said. "And how are you two?" I shrugged. "I don't care anymore." I said. "She found another wolf and it seems they knew each other for a long time. The thing is, our family has been hunting Dyan wolves for a while and we think we erased the whole clan." "Right, we did." She said. "I don't think so."  I said. "I think I found the very last one in that clan. I even think eavesdropping helped for once."

"What are you going to do then?" She asked. "If Zach is going down, then Madeline and Madi are going down with him. They don't have much of a choice. Both girls were in my way since Zach even came here. There is only one way he could have gotten here." "You don't mean-" she started. "Yes." I said. "Shards of glass acting as mirrors. That's the nature of a Dyan wolf. They keep shards of mirrors and use them to communicate with fellow wolves and to discuss business with their alliance members. Singing and Dyan wolves are in the same alliance.  They'd dominate against us.  What do I do?"

"Don't kill Madeline." My mother said. "I thought she likes you.  Aren't you two a couple?" I shrugged. "Like i said, mom." I hissed. "She's with the last Dyan wolf. They're in the same alliance.  The three of them need to die.  Including the umpire.  They think I'm just that typical boy in the stands.  No. They thought me wrong. I would kill one if I wanted to."

"But Jason." My mother complained. "Goodnight, mom." I said angrily. I teleported to my room and crashed on my bed. "I'm sorry girls." I mumbled. "But I have to do what's right for my kind. I have to side with Annabelle.  I'll avenge your cousin...and my brother."

....

Lilly's POV
___________

I woke up to a bright light filling the room.  Madeline's father was downstairs with us. "Everybody up." He called. "We have games to win." Madeline crawled out of her sleeping bag and Zach followed close behind. "Wait, where's Jason?" Madeline's father asked. "He left." Madi said. "No one knows why." "Maybe because Zach is a wolf like Maddie." Her father said. "Wait." Zach said startled. "How do you know this?"

"When you were with Maddie, your eyes would glow gold and Maddie's eyes would turn yellow." Madeline's  father said. "It was kinda obvious now that you look back on it." Madeline added as she walked out with her softball uniform on. This time, she wore the black jersey and her hair was pulled back into a braid. "Alright, Maddie is the only one ready." Zach said. "This proves we are lazy." We all laughed.

I got into my softball uniform and soon it was time to head all the way over to Boston. We arrived at the field and we looked at the brackets. Back to playing the Maine Coast Riptide. "Great." Madeline said. "I'm playing Laura Hatch." "Good luck." I said. I watched as she met her team at the North field. We met with the Lady Blaze at the West field. I found Olivia and she warmed up pitching. "I heard about the other singing werewolf on your alliance." She said. "You guys are lucky to have found her. Where is Annabelle by the way?" "I have a feeling she is late." I said. "Madi and Laura are already warming up and the team is supposed to be here now." I watched as I found Annabelle parting from Shannon and Kelli. "Speak of the devil." I said as I pointed past Olivia. She turned around and sighed. "She barely shows dedication." She said. "Just let her have the glory until the championship." I said. "And please make sure you have our backs and watch her when you are on the bench." "Don't worry, Lilly." She said. "I gotcha." Her eyes glowed a cold blue with silver veins. "Wait what clan are you from?" I asked. "I thought you'd never ask." she said. "I am from the Dragon Clan. We are one of the largest groups of wolves. We are in the most popular alliance as well. We protect other clans such as the Singing clan and Dyan clan. Sadly, we can't find the last one. Vampires are hunting those two clans left and right."

"We think we found the last one in the clan." I said. "Really?" She said. "That's awesome to hear. What's his name?" "Zach." I said. "He is Madeline's boyfriend." "I thought her boyfriend was Jason." She said. "Yea, she has fallen for the wolf." I said. "Damn girl, way to be." She said. "I'm proud of her. Well, we have games to win before the championship." We finished warming up and soon time went by and we won the first playoff game.

....

Madi's POV
__________

The quarter-finals against the blackout was easy as cake. All the players were tired out from our powerful batting. However, they were all good sports about it. "Great catching 6." one said. "You and 41 are a great battery." Another said. "Best of luck, girls. The coaches said. We appreciated the compliments and walked over to another field to face our next team for the semi-finals.

We faced the Canton Dirt Dawgs. This time, we had Olivia and Lilly as the battery. I was in center field catching every fly ball and mostly diving and sliding for most of them. My shades kept the glare of the sun from my eyes. They were basically the last seed. They did manage to make it to the semi-finals. But we managed to crush them moving onto the championship. We also got compliments from the coaches.

Soon, Lilly, Laura, Rachel, Melissa, Brian, and I walked over to the field where Lady Sting was playing. There, we saw Zach, Laura Hatch, and Sherry. "Hi Sherry." I said. "How are the girls doing?" "Oh, it is going well." Sherry said. "I see you guys met Zach." "Yea." I said. "He is in our alliance. Have you heard about Madeline's rivalry with Annabelle?" She nodded. "Yeah." She said. "She keeps telling me how it haunts her in her sleep." "Wait, what happened?" Zach asked. "It is a long story involving her first transformation." I said. "She will tell you when she is ready." "Oh, okay." He said. "I totally understand. First transformations are always painful and an ugly experience. Been there, done that."

"Well, hey Treble." Laura Hatch chimed in. "Just talked to Maddie and she brought me up to date. We will be right here at the game." "Thanks, Laura." I said. "Oh my god." She added. "Laura does look like Clara. Maddie wasn't kidding. I'm going to have trouble telling you guys apart." We laughed. Next thing I knew, I heard a hard hit of a bat. I listened closely and heard the sound of the Dmarini. I looked towards the field and saw the ball go over the fence. Madeline was jogging around the bases. We all cheered. "Yeah, Maddie!!!" Zach yelled. "Whooooooo!!!!" I yelled. She saw me and waved. Her teammates met her at home and the teams lined up at home. The game was over. On to the championship for them as well as us.