Chapter 30

Sorry for SUPER LATE update D:

___________________________________________________________

 Kaden's P.O.V

                 People came scattering off to their rooms when I took a step into the pack house. I didn't care how I looked right now, just wanting to get this over with and head back to my sick mate.

When I reached sight of my father I asked calmly and less threatening," You asked for me?"

It seems my father wasn't in a cheerful mood like he usually is when he retired as alpha four years ago.

"Alpha George contacted me a few hours ago and told me everything," he began," You should be glad he isn't cutting ties with our pack for your reckless behavior. He even told me he would have done much more worse for disrespecting him in front of his pack and threatening one of his pack members if he hadn't taken a like in Sky and knowing her parents personally."

"Is this all you bring me here for, away from my sick mate? To scold me what's right or wrong," I sighed frustrated," I'm alpha now and he should have contacted me if there was a problem and I would find a way to repay them for my faults, the things I do shouldn't concern you anymore."

"In hell it does," He growled out," You are my son, only family I have left. Seeing you act weird all of a sudden concerns me deeply. And Sky.."

I looked at him cautiously," What about Sky?"

"George didn't just simply called to say that. In truth he called directly to you, but you were busy, so I answered the call. He was giving us heads up that rogues tried to enter his territory late at night searching for someone... And he had guessed they were looking for Sky. Anyways of course they couldn't get near and her scent was fading and they know she wasn't there anymore and was going to head in another direction... But one of the rogues noticed your scent was there and they are retracing their steps back here as we speak. The Beta from the pack confronted one of them before they got the chance to run away..."

I growled lowly. I guess her little plan didn't work after all, they probably found out that we are mates now," Let them come, I will rip their heads off one by one if they even dare try to lay hands on her. I don't care on how long it takes, no ones going to take her away from me ever again."

He simply nodded at my response, walking to the door, but not until he grumbled out," This old man is ready to fight one last time as well, still have some energy left in me heh."

I looked at him disagreeing," No, you shouldn't be involved in it. I'm not allowing you, leave it to me and the fighters."

"Boy, I'm not asking you, I'm telling you," He was stating in his 'duh' tone," I'm doing it, because I don't want to lose a wonderful child like Sky, my future daughter in law."

I looked down now, knowing full well that's not all.

"And plus I still have a bit of anger in me still left for what the rogues done to Lily," He said anyways, a bit broken when saying her name.

"I miss her too... And I'm glad you didn't give up on your life back then... Sorry I haven't said that to you, I always meant to, just didn't really know when.." I sadly said.

"Don't go all sentimental on me now boy, you go take care of your mate now," he pushed me out the door now.

I looked frantic now, forgetting she's still sick and I'm not there to take care of her. I started running back to Kyle's house.

__________

 "How's she?" I immediately asked Kyle while bending down to meet Sky's sleeping body.