Chapter 22

Blair pov

*16 weeks pregnant*

Now my baby bump was really on show. The school was fine but it was quite awkward trying to get through the busy corridors and now I was made to use the lift by most of the teachers rather than using the stairs with everyone else. I did get looks now and again but I didn't pay attention to it. Today after school me and Hugo were going to find out the baby's gender. I couldn't wait. I was just on my way to the staff room at the time when I bumped into Mr Collins we walked and talked about his wife being pregnant too. Once we got to the staff room corridor I heard talking well loud talking I turned down the corridor to see Miss Anderson talking to Hugo saying he could have a life with her and not have to worry about me. When she noticed me stood there with Mr Collins she glared at me then began to walk to us to go past but Mr Collins stood in her way and said ' I believe you owe someone an apology miss' she sighed and mumbled a sorry then barged past him. We walk up to Hugo and he put his arm around me. I smiled and leaned to him as I was so tired being pregnant wasn't very fun. We got to the staff room and when I walked in everyone jumped out and said 'surprise!' 'Just for you, my love' Hugo said I couldn't believe it he and the teachers had done a baby shower for me and him. I got in sat down then I had presents brought to me. Everyone who got us stuff got gender neutral things. We got clothes, bottles, pacifiers, blankets and a car seat. Finally, we had Mr Collins present. Me and Hugo both open the big box together to find he had got us a stroller. I couldn't believe it, it was the one I wanted too. Hugo had a big smile on his face. 'Hugo helped he knew you had been looking at this one so I got it for you and hope you and my wife could be friends like me and Hugo then maybe the babies too' 'of course anything thank you thank you thank you' u got up and hugged him and he chuckled. Although we were having fun it was becoming the end of lunch so we all had a slice of cake and then me, Hugo and Mr Collins/Chris helped carry everything to the car. I wasn't allowed to carry much as Hugo made him and Chris carry most of it. Once we put everything in the car we went back inside and headed to lessons. I couldn't wait for the end of the day to put all of the things away and to find out my little one's gender. I wasn't bothered whether we had a boy or girl but I knew Hugo wanted a girl to be a daddy's little girl which I thought would be very cute.