Somehow

It's a bed time, but Luhan and Jaehee just lay on there, staring at each other. Luhan smiles softly at her and caresses her cheek. He actually wonders, why Jaehee didn't ask him about the phone call and acted calm. He waits for her question but it never comes, that's why he now decides to tell her. He doesn't want to have secret from her.

"Jaehee-ya" Luhan whispers.

"I know you curious about the phone call, it was from Yoora" He continues.

Jaehee just listen to him, knowing it already. The reason why she didn't say a thing to him is because she awares he will tell her eventually, and she was right. For that, she feels grateful. Slowly, her lips form a smile and she hears his story until the end.

"I chose it because I don't want you to miss-understand the situation" Luhan closes his story.

Jaehee stares deep into his eyes and finds sincere. It gives warmth to her heart, how he chose her over his project. This really means a lot to her. It's like, he wills to miss this hundred millions project for the sake of her and her feeling. This is the most romantic thing she ever received from him. I'm so lucky to be his wife, thank you.

***

Jaehee wakes up late and of course Luhan already left for work. She frowns slightly because she is alone again now, but her frown disappears once she finds his note. 'I left for work, trying to find much money for the baby's already bright future :p Call me when you awake'.

"Oh, my heart" Jaehee squeals happily.

Jaehee really feels her heart will explode in any time because he talks about the baby. It's an evidence that he actually cares for the baby. A smile appears on her face. She never thinks it will turn out like this. Now, they really look like a happy family, but one thing is missing: their 'I love you' confession.

A sigh leaves her lips but she puts a hope for it. It's reasonable because of how he treats her, how he looks after her, it's not impossible. I hope, someday. The ring of her phone suddenly takes her back from her own thought. She expects to see his name but it's her father. Smile immediately appears as she picks up the call.

"Jaehee-ya, where are you?" Her father asks.

"Home, why daddy?" She asks back, furrowing her brows.

"Get ready, I'll pick you up in an hour" Her father tells her and it makes her wonder why.

"Dress prettily, we're going to visit your mother" He continues. She just smile, thinking it's a great idea because it's been a long time since the three of them gathered together "Okay, daddy, drive safely" Jaehee ends the conversation. Immediately walks to the bathroom, getting ready for the family time. She is too excited, forgetting to call Luhan, who completely waits for her call.

***

Exactly one hour later, her father arrives. He always be that kind of man who appreciates time. Jaehee welcomes her father with a hug, instinctively acting cute infront of him. It makes her father chuckles, recalling the old time when she was a kid and always run to his embrace everytime he went home after the work.

"Ready to meet your mother?"

Her father asks and she nods. They then get in to the car and drive off. A few moment later, Jaehee's phone rings and shows Luhan's name. She bulges her eyes in panic, just remembering about him. She quickly takes the phone call and immediately apologizes.

"Did you know how long I've waited for your call?" Luhan talks from the other line. His voice is gentle but she hears slight disappointment there.

"Luhan, I'm really sorry, my fault" Jaehee admits as she pouts.

"It's okay---" Luhan talks after he sighs "---where are you?" He continues.

"I'm inside my dad's car, going to visit my mom" Jaehee answers.

"Aaah, really? That's a relief---" Luhan talks. He actually calls her to make sure she doesn't feel lonely. All because he just reads article about pregnancy and it says pregnant mother shouldn't feel lonely, it can cause depression. But thankfully, his father-in-law accompanies his wife "---have a great time then, I'll call you again later" He softly speaks to her and after they say their goodbye, he hangs up.

"Luhan?" Her father asks.

"Who else" Jaehee smiles brightly.

"He really looks after you, right?" Her father confesses and Jaehee nods.

At first, he worried a lot about his daughter and her marriage since it was an arranged one. But right now, he has nothing to worry about because Luhan is a total caring person to his daughter. Otherwise, he feels relief because he handed his daughter to the right man.

***

Jaehee watches her father puts flowers on her mother grave and he closes his eyes, praying for her mother. She follows him to pray and it makes her emotional, but she holds it. After a while, she ends her prayer and takes a glance to her father. She witnesses her father staring at her mother's grave with a smile on his face.

"Jaehee-ya, introduce our new family member to your mother, she will be happy to hear that" Her father says it.

Jaehee turns her face and looks at her father "Dad, I think mom already knew" She talks. Her father faces her with a confused look "Mom came to my precognitive dream, she inserted a white rose to my belly---" She smiles softly "---mom was the one who gave me this baby, it's a gift from mom" She ends it.

"Really?" Her father asks in disbelief and she just nods with smile on her face.

"Jaehee-ya, I never told you this, but you need to know now" Her father talks. It makes her questioning what.

"When your mother was pregnant with you, she always craved for white rose---" Her father smiles as he hugs her shoulder. Jaehee's eyes slightly widen as she hears about it. She never knows about this story "---sometimes she ate the white rose petals and it really made me worry" He chuckles slightly.

"But when she gave birth to a beauty like you, I started thinking maybe it was because she ate flower petals" Her father now starts laughing. Jaehee just smiles at him but she thinks about her white rose dream. The white rose that my mom craved for, is related to the white rose that appeared in my dream, I'm very sure, somehow.

"Jaehee---" Her father calls, when they make eye-contact, he continues "I think you're carrying a girl, don't you think so?"

***

Sorry for the long wait, I didn't intent to make you wait but so many things came up. Hope you understand :) How is this chapter? I know it's short but hope you enjoy it. Please kindly vote and leave comment. Thank you so much :)