Break & Shatter

Jaehee wakes up in the morning without Luhan beside her. She blinks her eyes a couple times and sighs softly. She feels all different and a little bit odd. Now she lives for two, not only for herself. It kinda makes her heart flutter but it sends anxiety as well. She knows, if only she had her mother here, everything would be easier for her.

"Wake up?"

Luhan's voice brings her back to reality. She turns to see him there, already wearing his office attire. She nods at him but never moves her body out of the bed. She just feels so lazy.

"I make an appointment with Lay, come to his hospital this evening, okay?" Luhan talks.

"You'll come with me, right?" Jaehee asks, her eyes full of hope.

"Jaehee-ya, I'm sorry, I have an important meeting" Luhan frowns.

Jaehee says nothing, but just stares at him. Slowly her lips form a thin straight line. She feels so upset about it but she doesn't want to say it, she wants him to figure it out alone. It's the very first doctor appointment and he misses it, great. Her own thought just turns it worse. She now starts thinking about how cruel he is, choosing his business over his soon to be child.

"Are you mad?" Luhan asks. Hesitation is in his tone.

"You ask me?" Jaehee snaps and glares at him. Now he gets the answer.

"Hey---" Luhan walks closer, sitting on the edge of bed "---I say I'm sorry" He softly caresses her cheek but she still throws that deathly glare for him.

"I really have a meeting, I can't leave it behind, I need to work hard for you---" He pauses "---and the baby" It slips from his lips eventhough it sounds so weird on his ears.

"Really?! So why don't you just go and leave me here alone?!"

Jaehee yells at him. All his sweet talk doesn't work for this one. Luhan hears disappointment there, making him feel bad. He tries to touch her but she nudges it. For a while, he doesn't move and just stares at her. He totally doesn't know what to do.

"Hear, I need to go now, please, don't be angry" Luhan talks.

Jaehee is stubborn, she keeps her mouth shut, giving him silent as answer. But after a while, her lips turn into a pouty one and she starts making a puppy noise, sulking cutely at him. He stares at her and starts mouthing his apologize. Truthfully, he wants to stay but he just can't. He plays a big role at office, he needs to show his professionalism.

"I will ask mother to come and keep you company"

Luhan talks then places a kiss on her forehead. He feels guilty when he witnesses how deep her frown is. He gives a final stroke on her hair before he stands up and walks to the door. He admits, his steps are heavy. He has no heart to leave her alone. In front of the door, he turns his face and sees Jaehee already cover up her face with palms, probably crying.

"I'm sorry"

Luhan whispers and leaves the room. He understands why she acts like that. The pregnancy causes her to need more and more attention. He doesn't want her to feel abandoned by him, but right now, he really needs to adapt with his new position. He just hopes, she will try to understand him, as much as he tries to understand her.

***

Jaehee feels better after his mother comes and accompanies. But, his mother leaves couple of hours later. It disappoints her because she needs to come and meet Lay alone. She starts to think badly, she and the baby are not important in Lu's family. It makes her think twice about her decision to keep the baby. Is it right?