Arriving

(peeta POV)

We get on the plane and start towards Afghanistan. Some girl sits next to me, she's in the same outfit as mine and I know she's joining us this year.

"Hi I'm Jordan Gunnman" she says while holding her hand out for me to shake.

"Peeta Mellark" I say taking her hand and smiling.

"Are you new here?" she asks

"Nope been here since I was 19" I say

"How old are you now?" she asks with a smile.

"20" I say

"Ohh hey me to do you have a girl back home?" of course she would ask me that a lot of women ask that.

"Yes I actually do, wanna see a picture?" I say and she nods I take the picture out and show her.

"She's so pretty was she sad to see you go?" I give her a sad smile and nod.

I take a deep breath then explain what happened, "she cried and sobbed and wouldn't let me go. It was hard to leave her. She's the love of my life and I miss her so much" I say looking at the picture the whole time.

"You two must really be in love" I smile and reply back with a "yeah, we are."

"Do you have a boyfriend back home?" She smiles and leans her head back.

"A husband" she says "I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye, he was working the night shift and I didn't get the time to go over to his work and say goodbye," she let's a tear fall.

"Did you tell him you were leaving?" I ask, thinking I could never do that to Katniss it would break my heart.

"Yeah, I wrote him a note told him not to worry about me, then I left. I did want to cry, but I sucked it up and kept moving.

"I'm sorry" I don't want to pity her, I just want her to feel better.

We talk for a bit and I fall asleep about an hour later. I wake up to a jerk and look at Jordan I've never been a fan of planes. I grip the sides of my seat and Jordan places a hand on mine.

"It's ok were just landing in Afghanistan, get ready to be at base," she says handing me my stuff.

"Thanks," I say and pull my bag on my shoulder.

We get off and I go to my bunk I always get and set my stuff down. "PEETA? HEY PEETA!!!" I hear one of my buddies calling, it's Cato.

"Hey, Cato, how are you doing man?" I ask smiling to see a familiar face. He gives me a big smile.

"Fantastic," he says and I think he has a reason why because why would you be fantastic if you are in Afghanistan? "Any particular reason?" I ask.

"I asked her bro, I asked her to marry me" I furrow my eyebrows, who is her?

"Who?" I ask? while unzipping my bag and unloading my things.

"CLOVE" he yells excitedly and now I Remember, the last time I was hear he told me about his girlfriend Clove and he told me how on his leave he was going to propose, well I left when he was on leave, so I never got to get what the answer was till now.

"Congrats man, I'm proud of you" I say patting his back.

"And I'm going to be a daddy" and that's when my mouth drops open.

"How many months in is she?" I ask "2 months" he says smiling his ass off and I chuckle.

"Congrats it looks like things are finally turning the way you wanted them to," I say facing him.

"How about you? did you ever find a girl yet?" he says with a smirk.

"I did," I say with the biggest smile on my face. He smirks, "show me a picture of her" I take out the picture and show him, his mouth drops open.

"Dude, she's hot like sexy hot where did you meet her?" I laugh a little at his comments.

"Number one, don't go liking my girl or anything and number two, she's my neighbor. Long story short we went on a date and now she's my girlfriend," I say smirking.

"I won't bro and congrats how did she handle you coming back to Afghanistan?" I swear if one more person asks this I'm going to let the tears flow.

"Not good, she cried and sobbed for about a good 10 minutes and probably right now too, but I can't do anything about that right now which breaks my heart to pieces" I say with a sad expression.

"Sorry dude" I look up at him with a sad smile.

"It's alright"

"Lights out ladies! We have a big day ahead of us tomorrow!" Colonial yells and the lights go out.

(Katniss POV)

I get home and I just cry I don't care about anything anymore, so I just cry. I want my Peeta back, I want him to hold me in his arms and to keep the nightmares away.

Annie had shown up right when I called her to help me get through this because I can't do anything about my nightmares anymore. I need comforting, they are always about losing Peeta and I dread them. Johanna has been staying over too, they take turns sleeping over and it helps a lot, although I'm always waking them up with nightmares. I bet they have barely got any sleep this past week because of me and i feel bad about it.

It's going to be a long few months until Peeta gets back.

👏👍👏👍👏👍👏👏👍👍👍👏

Sorry it's so short I'm tired and almost fell asleep three times writing this so imma go to bed now I'll make a longer chapter tomorrow.

Vote,comment, follow please

-Syd